2»

Comments

• jackie.jackson81
    jackie.jackson81 Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2017 #22
    Options
    thruby said:

Mind Set is Everything

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancern in September (my 48th bday).  I had 2/3 of my colon removed in emergency surgery and then immediately started on 12 rounds of chemo. I just finished up my 11th round.  I have been able to keep a very positive attitude which i think has really helped me manage the treatments well.  My three kids are certainly a motiviating factor.  During treatments I continued to work, coached my twin girls basketball team to victory, entertained and continued to enjoy my cocktails and nights out.  I found the first two days after treatment to be yucky but the rest were pretty manageable.  I was declared cancer free after four rounds of chemo, but know there is the risk of it returning. I have a great sense of humor which certainly has helped me get through this rough chapter. 

I wish you all the best, and glad that you fond this forum for support. I did not frequent it all that much because I am one who likes to live in denial and prefer to just focus on the positives. 

Terri 

That is a blessing! Had your

That is a blessing! Had your cancer spread anywhere else from your colon?

• jackie.jackson81
    Options
    danker said:

Cancer

It may be a bumpy road, but it is doable.  Good luck to you!!

Thank You! and I wish healing

Thank You! and I wish healing and good help to you as well!

• jackie.jackson81
    Options
    jessica01 said:

colon cancer

Hi Jackie, I have stage 4 colon rectal cancer. Found out last August. Went threw a mouth of chemo and radition every day. Then had a mouth off before going in for surgery. Cut out and removed mass and a section of the rectom . And fortgintaly they could re attach it. Was clean after surgery, but latest ct scan showed black spot on my liver. First around of chemo was a pill foam witch I pushed for because of my line of work. ( I would tell every one if posiable to do the pill foam of chemo if it's out there. ( Check the chemo list to see if yours is on it) p.s. there are other chemo that dose the same things. I'm putting this out there because the side efects was non issure for me. Now that the spot on my liver as been confirmed cancer I had to go on liquid chemo and pills to fight it. So there for a port was installed. If no chemo the day of blood work then I have them take it out of my arm and not the port. Had some set backs but hoppen for it to be all over by mid summer. figures cross..  No matter how you feel you can bet this it is very treatabe. Mind set, mind set, mind set. That's how your going to bet this. Little story I heard. My buddy has stage 5 colon cancer and his Dr told him that the biggest thing he could do is keep a postive mind set. reson being is he had a client that was a stage 1 colon cancer and the person keep saying he was going to die. Dr told him he wasn't going to die but he belived it and he did. ??  So no matter how hard it seems on any one day keep that postive mind set. I know how hard it is for real !! I have days where I can't even move some days. Keep pushing. We are all in this together. Lots of talk hope this helps. 

Hi, thank you Jessica! I am

Hi, thank you Jessica! I am sending prayers your way! have hope. When they found my cancer it had already spread to more than half of my liver. but through these rounds of chemo, it has shrunk drastically.. Doctors think I can beat It! So give it all up to God! He'll handle it for ya. You and Me both.

• jackie.jackson81
    Options
    MIRIAM_B said:

Hello, I am a newby...

Hola, I am Miriam and I was diagnose back on April 2016. We were retired with my husband living in the Caribbean ejoying our new bote and pina coladas for breakfast :-)

Needless to say, our life changed after I was diagnosed, and we move back to Washington state. We have met a bunch of wonderful people that have had a great impact in our lives, and we are greatful for that.

I am a patient at the SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Association) hospital partnering with the UW (University of Washington) medical Center.

Going through my second-line tratment FOLFIRI + AVASTIN. My CEA back on April 2016 was 330 today is 7.8; My firstline treatment was FOLFOX + AVASTIN. My tumors have been reduced about 70% to 75% and counting :-) my Onco is talking about surgery in my Colon, can not do anything with my liver but I had two Y-90 Radiation procedures that reduced/kill my tumors as expected. Have to follow up w/radiologist to get the full picture in 2 weeks.

OK, enough of me :-) say hi, don't be strangers...I will love to hear and share your/mine experiences.

Love,

Miriam 

Hi Miriam, welcome! I'm a

Hi Miriam, welcome! I'm a newbie as well. I'm sorry to hear how you found out about your cancer. but atleast you got to see some of the world before you gotten sick and had to start treatments. Thats been something I've always wanted to do. Reading your post made me want to get out and do it while the lord is willing! I hope everything comes/came back great! And i wish nothing but Good health, happiness, and healing, my friend. No one has the last say but God.

• jackie.jackson81
    Options

Welcome Jackie!

Welcome Jackie!

Thank you! Hope all is well!

Thank you! Hope all is well!

• jackie.jackson81
    Options
    blessed39 said:

Hi Jackie

Jackie, I can tell from your post that you are a fighter. Also know that your faith in Jesus Christ is your greatest weapon.

I too have been in the same position as you and will be praying for you. The prayers of a believer are very powerful as

you porbably know. I wrote about my journey with colon cancer. If you would care to read it, it's on my blog and entitled "How I Beat Stage Four Colon Cancer." Don't ever give up hope. We serve a Mighty God. God Bless you in your journey. blessed39

Thank you for your uplift! I

Thank you for your uplift! I will definitely check it out hopefully I can beat it too!

• jackie.jackson81
    edited June 2017 #28
    Options
    Phil64 said:

Jackie, I'm so sorry that you

Jackie, I'm so sorry that you had to find us. You really are too young to be in this fight. Unfortunately, based on some reading I've been doing, there seems to be a rash of diagnosis in 30 through 50 year olds. 

I was diagnosed with stage IV colorectal cancer when I was 47. And I have had quite a roller coaster ride. Seven surgeries, fifty one chemotherapy treatments, over ten different chemotherapy drugs, numerous CT Scans, MRIs, Blood Tests, Ultrasounds. 

And I'm happy to say that I'm now NED (no evidence of disease) for over two years now.

I too am a Christian and there is no doubt that I've been very blessed to have journeyed through these trials and tribulations and make it to NED. 

Like another who posted a reply to you, I too found it very therapeutic to blog my way through the battles. And now my blog has over 80 posts. 

When I first started my blog I wrote that I knew this story would have a happy ending, that no matter what happened I knew we all (me and my family) would be alright. While I didn't know exactly how it would turn out I did trust that the good Lord knew. And that no matter how it ended up I believed his plan was the best plan for all. 

I also found myself doing a lot more reading in the good book throughout the good and bad days and that helped me in a big way.

Hoping and trusting that you too will be at peace even though the storm rages. 

Love, Light, Hugs

Phil

Reference: http://pscamihorn.me

Thank you, I'm glad I found

Thank you, I'm glad I found this forum because when i first joined, I thought i would see nothing but agony , despair, and depression. I come to see it the complete opposite! It has done nothing but uplift me and give me more strength for fighting. I would like to check your blog out. where is it located? wishing you contiued good health!

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Update.

Hello everyone! Thank you for your kind words and understanding. Sorry I've been M.I.A. but i went through a short depressing following my diagnosis and I'd tried to run away from everything that had to do with cancer.  I isolated myself thinking that would make the diagnosis go away. Fortunately I've returned back to reality with semi good news. I've had surgery on my colon removing all the cancer from that area and 8 rounds of chemo for the large mass in my liver. The doctors tell me that the mass in the liver is shrinking drasticly nor has it spread anymore and they believe that there is a big chance I can be cancer free soon. I pray for you all for continuous healing and health. You guys have given me more hope.

Great update, thank you

Its good to hear from you again. 

This is a good update. Surgery is good, and to hear that the tumour is shrinking is wonderful news.  

I hope the chemo wasn't too bad for you and I'm glad that is all over. 

As you can see, we have many here, stage IV that are doing well. You'll never be free of the tests and wonder, but you can live live live life to its fullest. 

Keep in touch. 

Tru