Next...............

Last scan showed that the Votrient I have been taking for almost 5 years has stopped working. Doctor suggested a clinical trial of IPILIMAUB and NIVOLUMAB at Dana Farber. Going to the doctor next Thursday to start the process of entering the clinical trial. How do clinical trials work? I know that I will be reciving a combination of the 2 drugs. But what else happens? 

Comments

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited February 2017 #2
    Hey there Ed~ I don't know

Hey there Ed~ I don't know about clinical trials but others here will answer. Sorry that Votrient stopped working.

So I am sending a a big dose of HOPE and HEALING!

Hugs, Jan

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Tests

For every test they need two blind groups (in other words one group that is on the test drug, and one group on a provenly effective drug). You will not know which you are on until, a)the test is over, b) your results are not great. Nivo, I have taken with great effect for a year. Its well worth doing. Personally you may be getting a drug (or drug combo) that is game changing from which you and many others may derive great benefits. 

• Ed Brabant
    Ed Brabant Member Posts: 61
    Tests

I talked with Dana Farber yestrday afternoon. I asked if I was going to get the drug combination or something else. They said that it would be the 2 drugs together. Next Thursday I see my doctor at MGH. Dana Farber said that I am a good canidadte for this clinicall trial. Going to get another set of scans, cardiogram, blood tests and then start. At first I will have to be seen every week. Infusion every other week. They need to keep an eye on a few things when I first start.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    edited February 2017 #5
    I don't have information

I don't have information about drugs but just wanted you to know that i'm pryaing for you, wishing you good result with next treatment.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Best wishes Ed

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Donna~

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited February 2017 #7
    Drug Trial

Hope the new drugs work better than even the old one. I think there's a good chance.

Todd

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited February 2017 #8
    Sending good thoughts and

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Hugs

Jojo

• Ed Brabant
    Ed Brabant Member Posts: 61
    Trial

March 8th CT guided biaopsy March 23 sign the clinical trial papers the on to the trial.Prett excited seeing some of the results people have had. I also understand that nothing may happen. But with me the glass is always half full.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Ed,

I'm all for joining a clinical trial. I was in a phase 1 when nivo was called, "MDX-1106".