Moffitt patients and experiences?

I posted this interest (twice!) under the recent Opdivo stream but thought I would pull it out as a separate discussion for those of us in Florida using Moffitt. I too saw Dr Chon for a second opinion last November and plan to continue to use Moffitt for consults since I am a Floridian. After carbo/taxol did not work for me (stage 3 UPSC) Dr. Chon recommended Doxil + avastin 28 day cycle for doxil and 15 for avastin (and my onc agreed) and I will do third cycle this week. Reading the posts, I gather I should not be surprised if doxil is not the answer and come May I may be considering "what next?" I wondered if any of you ladies using Moffitt have looked at their clinical trials? I didn't get great enthusiasm for pursuing clinicals. Prefernce was for traditional chemos. Do you all have any experiences with other chemos besides carbo/taxol or doxil that Moffitt recommended?  K 

Comments

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2017 #2
    K - my only experiences with

K - my only experiences with Moffitt were 1) a second opinion on my original diagnosis, and 2) genetic testing, neither of which is probably very helpful to you at this juncture. They have developed a very good reputation as a top-notch cancer center so hopefully they will help you find the best trial, if that is the route you choose to go. Sending you positive vibes! Kim

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    K, I am a Moffitt patient as

K, I am a Moffitt patient as well. Sorry, I don't have any information on the clinical trials though. I'm a year out from treatments and so far, so good. If I hear of anything I'll be sure to share with you.

Take care and I hope you respond well to this latest treatment.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• KTMay
    KTMay Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2017 #4

K, I am a Moffitt patient as

K, I am a Moffitt patient as well. Sorry, I don't have any information on the clinical trials though. I'm a year out from treatments and so far, so good. If I hear of anything I'll be sure to share with you.

Take care and I hope you respond well to this latest treatment.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Thank you Cindi!

Thank you Cindi!

• KTMay
    KTMay Member Posts: 25
    Kvdyson said:

K - my only experiences with

K - my only experiences with Moffitt were 1) a second opinion on my original diagnosis, and 2) genetic testing, neither of which is probably very helpful to you at this juncture. They have developed a very good reputation as a top-notch cancer center so hopefully they will help you find the best trial, if that is the route you choose to go. Sending you positive vibes! Kim

Thank you Kim 

Thank you Kim