UPSC - Bitter sweet day

TracyGB
TracyGB Member Posts: 8
edited February 2017 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hi again.  I introduced myself in an old post and was encouraged to start a new one if I posted again.  My name is Tracy.  I am 46 years old and was diagnosed in late July 2015 with Stage 1A UPSC grade 3 tumor.  I finished treatment of surgery, chemo and radiation on Christmas Eve 2015.  

I just had my one year check after finishing chemo with great news that I am still clear!  I am very happy but still cautious about getting too excited.  I celebrate every three months after I hear them say those wonderful words.  The best medical terminology I have gotten from this is to be unremarkable.  Not something I usually strive for but in this case absolutelyLaughing!

Right before my good news, I received a text from the daughter of a good friend letting me know she lost her battle with cancer that day.  So needless to say I was sad to loose her and more worried than normal going into my appt. She was such a wonderful woman and full of life until the end.  I will miss her laugh and caring personality and hugs the most.

I hope everyone out there is doing good.  I appreciate having this outlet to talk to others going through the same thing.  

Best to all! Tracy 

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Tracy, So very glad to hear

Tracy, So very glad to hear from you. We are on similar timelines. I'm only one month behind you on finishing treatments. It is so tough to lose people we care about to this ugly disease. It does make us go a bit to the edge for a few days. I know I  do that with the passing of each one of our friends here. I hope you find the memories of your dear friend a comfort. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Congrats on being in the dance with Mr. Ned. I hope you continue to receive that wonderful news forever!

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Welcome, Tracy

I had the same diagnosis as you and it will be 5 years ago in March that I started treatment with my hysterectomy.  I have been NED ever since.  Like you I remain cautiously optimistic.

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    edited February 2017 #4
    Sad for the loss of your freind

but so happy to,hear that you,are dancing with NED.  May that dance continue for ever.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2017 #5
    Congratulations on your

Congratulations on your "unremarkable" results - which are really quite remarkable and something you should definitely try to celebrate when you are ready.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend to this horrible disease. There is no way that we can make up for what you have lost but we certainly will be here to support you in whatever way we can.

Sending you hopeful and positive thoughts, Kim

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Hi Tracy,

I echo all the wonderful comments above- so happy to hear your good news.  So very sorry about your friend- that is just something we can't ever be ready for.  I hope you take some comfort in knowing that now each hug you give away you are giving for both you and for her- you will pass on that same wonderful feeling to everyone who is fortunate to have YOUR (((HUGS)))  xo

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Hi Tracy! Great to hear your

Hi Tracy! Great to hear your good news and I can relate being cautiously optimistic. I know it's so hard to lose a friend. My sympathies to you. The day after my diagnoses I attended a close friends funeral. Talk about emotions! It brings it close to all of us that we are here for a limited time, but now must rejoice in every day we are still here.

• TracyGB
    TracyGB Member Posts: 8
    Many thanks!

Thank you for all the positive thoughts and hugs.  I am glad to have you all around to talk with.  I hope each of you is doing well and somewhere warm :).  It has been cold in Kentucky this week!  Till next time!! :)