Mets to hip bone and new drugs j

Kmessier
Kmessier Member Posts: 79

Jan 30, 2017 - 6:39 am

I have anal, colorectal sigmoid/rectum, breast and non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I have done chemo/ radiation and am still doing it but I was in the hospital last week and my left hips was popping and hurt did a PET and bone scan.  My hip has bone cancer . I had surgery. I still have a temporary ileostomy and had a left mastectomy. My white blood cells won't stay up I went to the Dr today my dr told me to go to urgent care I have strep throat and thrush. When I go in a few hours for treatments I have to have infusions of Zometawhich  Can Help Reduce Recurrence Risk of Hormone-Receptor-Positive Disease. Zometa (chemical name: zoledronic acid) is used to strengthen bones and lower the risk of breaking a bone. And also Xeloda it's a chemo pill and then the IV cocktail one is given separate I've 15 minutes it' Adriamycin, aka the "Red Devil called that because it's so darn harsh and two others. I'm scared and even going to thera and taking a antidepressan. Do any of you take any of this?!?! I thought I was almost through with at least radiation but not now and I dont know how much more my bum can handle. I hade terrible di anyway but now it's horrible and the nausea and vomiting isn't much better my oncologist and other drs are trying to gfigure how to help me. Then I had a friend die on the 22nd of colon cancer then this morning my cousin died of stomach and lung cancer which had metastasized to her bones her femur. I'm just scared witless and bueeded to find out any information. 

Comments

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    I can only speak for the Red

I can only speak for the Red Devil- not a nice experience. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with all of it. Losing others to cancer certainly is depressing, but keep in mind that you are on your own path. Don't let them pull you down. Sounds like your medical team hasn't given up on you, so you can't either. Sending you vibes for strength and prayers for courage.