Facebook page

Options

Can anyone tell me how to get on the Facebook page for esophageal cancer?

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    Message about Facebook page

Babzscheff,

I have sent you a private message with my contact information. If you send me a "friend request" I can add you to the page.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams

McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/2009 T2N1M0  Stage IIB - Ivor Lewis Surgery  12/3/2009
    Post Surgery Chemotherapy 2/2009 – 6/2009 Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Six Year Survivor

• Babzscheff
    Babzscheff Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017 #3
    Options
    About Me

Sorry, I should have told you a bit about me. I got achalasia as a teen, had surgery, and was a force feeder ever after. Thought is, shoving all that food through my esophagus eventually caused my cancer. I had Botox and biopspies every six months, but my cancer was stage 3 by the time it was discovered. I had Ivor-Lewis surgery and chemo and radiation. I worked 8.5 years after treatment even though I have all the problems that go with the surgery. I have constant pain, reflux, bile reflux, two belly surgeries and basically have been sticking my finger down my throat since I was a teen. I get by, but I am weary. My counselor found this website and I am amazed to read about people like me. I am the longest surviving patient at my hospital so there is no one to talk to and connecting with you is wonderful. No one can understand what we go through. I hope I'm allowed to join the group. Thanks for contacting me. 

• paul61
    Options
    I will be looking for your Facebook request

I will keep an eye out for your Facebook friend request; or if you send me your Facebook name, I can send you a friend request. We have to be linked as friends for me to add you to the group. You will find lots of us who are survivors, and many who are caretakers of people currently in treatment. 8.5 years post surgery is great! Congratulations!!

Unfortunately most of us have similar issues to yours after surgery. Middle of the night reflux, occasional dumping for no particular reason, abdominal pain after eating too much, and surgery for post surgical hernia repair are things we are all familiar with. But being here several years after a cancer diagnosis is still great. By the way, one of the best things for bile reflux is pickle juice. Sounds weird I know but it works imediately.

Looking forward to seeing you on Facebook...

Best Regards,

Paul Adams

McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/2009 T2N1M0  Stage IIB - Ivor Lewis Surgery  12/3/2009
    Post Surgery Chemotherapy 2/2009 – 6/2009 Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Six Year Survivor

• Chicko7
    Chicko7 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Add me please

Could you please add me to the facebook group?

• paul61
    Options
    Chicko7 said:

Add me please

Could you please add me to the facebook group?

Facebook Page

Chicko7

I have sent you a private message with information on how to add you to the Facebook Page.

Paul

• RevaB
    RevaB Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Facebook Page

Hi. I'm Reva and have been EC free for just over one year! May I be added to the page please?? I wish I had found this site when I was first diagnosed. I have often said breast cancer patients have a community to converse with and I felt quite alone.

• paul61
    Options
    RevaB said:

Facebook Page

Hi. I'm Reva and have been EC free for just over one year! May I be added to the page please?? I wish I had found this site when I was first diagnosed. I have often said breast cancer patients have a community to converse with and I felt quite alone.

Facebook Page

Hi Reva,

I sent you a private message with information on how to be added to the Facebook page.

Paul