Options
2»

Comments

• Beverly30
    Beverly30 Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2017 #22
    Options
    Thank you for all your

Thank you for all your information.  It helps a lot! 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Beverly30 said:

Hi Cindy,

Hi Cindy,

Can you tell me if they sedated you during this process? I'm speaking with a lady I know amd she said they're going to sedate her. I'm curious since I wasn't going to have anyone go with me. 

Thanks 

Bev

No sedation for me Bev.  I

No sedation for me Bev.  I drove myself to all appointments. It really is an easy process. I went in with a very positive attitude and refused to let myself be embarrassed. The entire team was male! ugh... But they all treated me with respect and made the process easier to face each time. I live 80 miles from Moffitt and had no problems driving.

The first appointment was a bit longer because they did all the measuring, sent me back out to the waiting room, configured the machine and then brought me back in for the procedure. I was not there more than 15 minutes from start to finish after that first one.

I did take a Lorazapam before each treatment to help me stay calm and lay still.

Hope this helps. Please come back with any additional questions.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Update.

I had my cystoscopy today. The results were unremarkable except there was a lot of what the doctor called "debris."  The doctor said this is most likely caused by radiation causing a sloughing off of the lining of the bladder and these cells would be perfect food for bacteria. So the remedy is to drink a lot of water. I see her again in 6 months.  So something to think about you ladies who have had radiation.

BTW, the cystoscopy wasn't so bad. 

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am glad

you got an answe and an idea of what to do.  I guess that drinking is helpful for a lot of situation.  For me, it is something that gets harder every day, that drinking.  I hope this helps you.

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 2017 #26
    Options
    Good news Cheese ;)

So glad they have something figured out- yes, water is so important.  I hope you find a way to get it down.  I personally have a jug of water that I use to fill my water bottle that I take with me everywhere.  I know that I am not done til that jug is empty for the day or close to it.  (((HUGS)))

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2017 #27
    Options
    That is very good news and

That is very good news and very good advice. Thank you for sharing. Hope that you start feeling better soon and good luck on your CT scan next week!