Bright blood

jimdanabree
jimdanabree Member Posts: 4

Just had my flex sig done  week or so ago. Dr said it looked good. Well tonight I use the bathroom and notice blood on the toilet paper. Not constipated either, believe me im never that haha. was wondering if it could be scar tissue? I am five months post chemo and radiation. That happen to anyone else that is a Anal cancer survivor?

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2017 #2
    jimdanabree

Having that happen can be alarming after having had treatment for anal cancer.  However, it is quite common.  I am over 8 years out of treatment and have numerous such episodes.  The tissue is quite thin in the intestinal lining post-radiation and can easily bleed when stool passes through.  Since you just had a flex sig that showed nothing of concern, I would not be too concerned.  However, if it continues, I would bring it to the attention of your doctor. 

Martha

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    jimdanabree

As Martha said it is quite common and yes you should mention it to your doctor. I am 2 1/2 years out and still have bleeding. My colorectal surgeon suggested 400 mg of vitamin E 3x aday and 500 mg of vitamin C 1x a day. I can tell you this has been very helpful. Once I'm off my routine I see the difference. Hope that  your doc says it's ok to try this routine, it doesn't hurt to ask.