Any Keytruda info greatly appreciated

Options
2»

Comments

• RPStumpf
    RPStumpf Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Recovering from triple negative breast cancer here. Keytruda in comvo with radiation got me a complete pathologic response, but keytruda continues to lower the chance of recurrence, praise God.

Since last summer I have had joint pain and swelling in my legs, neuropathy in my feet (gradually improving), a dry cough at first, now worse. The joint pain, muscle and tendon weakness has gotten worse. Fatigue has gotten worse. I just started having brain fog. Have been on keytruda for a year, should be done in July.

it is hard to know which things come from keytruda. The symptoms could be from all the chemo I have had, a bad reaction to an antibiotic a couple of moths ago, and pneumonitis that developed after radiation. It is helpful to hear what happens to others. My oncologist said today that is symptoms worsen, we may stop keytruda and do a steroid taper instead. However, no one knows if stopping keytruda early will increase my chance of relapse, so I hope to tough it out for as long as I can.