I'd Like to Give a Big Shout Out to Everyone and Say THANK YOU!

WhatIsLife
WhatIsLife Member Posts: 38 Member

A couple of days ago when I wrote my first post, I was terrified by this barrage of information I was receiving from my doctors about my newly mestastized Kidney Cancer, at least that's how it seemed to me. I really didn't  have anyone else to talk to - my friends aren't good at handling bad news, and I'm not that close with what remains of my family, so I was basically dealing with this on my own....which left my mind to play tricks on me.

So I came here and asked for help and man, did I get it! So I just want to take a moment and say THANK YOU to everyone who helped me get through this trying time. I really do appreaciate it and my faith in man (and woman) is fully restored, not that it needed to be, it's just that I have found more wisdom from regular people in this group than I think I would if I were in a room of top-notch scientists.

So, again, for what it's worth, thank you, and I hope to stay around because I know I will have more questions and I also hope I will be able to help others who might come along who are freaking out like I was.

With much gratitude!

Kevin

Comments

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    edited December 2016 #2
    Let me be the first to say...

Wink

...YOU'RE WELCOME!  Sure wish I'd known of this site prior to my surgery.

Donna~

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Yes, this is a great place

Yes, this is the great place that no one hopes they ever need. But when you're eligible to join the club? This is THE place to be. 

I have some friends who were practically going through their recipe cards to choose what casserole they were going to bring to the wake. Others who were angry that I hadn't told them I was critically ill and teetering at the end of my life.  Some who just sort of dug the drama they were creating.  Fortunately, others who said, let us know what we can do when you need help --

Plus, this forum.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    You are more than wellcome

You are more than wellcome

This board is a place for all of us to share good news, bad news, hopes, anxiety, questions and everything, i received help two years ago and felt exactly like you, people here are great in understanding and helping. Dso don't hesitate to ask for help anytime you feel you need it.

Forough

• rwmiller56
    rwmiller56 Member Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2016 #5
    You are very welcome

Kevin,

We are all in this together! I'm also a relative newbie on this forum, and I also have received great advice and support from all the folks on this forum. I wish you all the best in your treatment. We can beat this disease!

Roger

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited December 2016 #6
    Ditto

Well said, Kevin. 

Stub

• Callyco
    Callyco Member Posts: 57
    Feel the same way

You took the words right out of my mouth. I am so grateful I found this discussion group of amazing folks. It is a blessing to have someone to give you insight and hope as we travel this road together. I know if I have any information to share that will help another, I am happy to help. I am gathering so much info, that is making a difference in reliving so much of my anxiety.

Keep hanging in there Kevin,  we all have made it to the best place to be for support. That's what it takes, support.

Callyco

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited December 2016 #8
    You are very welcome, Kevin!

You are very welcome, Kevin! We have all been there. I was immediately calmed by this group when I got my news. My virtual family!

Hugs

Jojo

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited December 2016 #9
    we

are here to please. Been there done that so we can make it easier for the next guy or gal.

Icemantoo

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Thanks, Kevin, but remember

Thanks, Kevin, but remember you are never alone!

Jan

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member

Thanks to all those who came before

I'm looking at you Iceman, Jan, Jojo, Donna, Dutch and Fox. We all atand on the shoulders of giants

What he said...

Footstomper always says what I want to say, but better than I could have said it. Thanks Stomper!

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member

What he said...

Footstomper always says what I want to say, but better than I could have said it. Thanks Stomper!

If in doubt..plagiarize

If in doubt..plagiarize

• Iggyrip
    Iggyrip Member Posts: 44
    This is a great place

Glad you found help at on this site; I did when I was first diagnosed. This is a great place and the people are wonderful.  Hope things work out for you. Best Wishes,

Iggyrip

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Thanks to all those who came before

I'm looking at you Iceman, Jan, Jojo, Donna, Dutch and Fox. We all atand on the shoulders of giants