Also new to discussons

Options
124»

Comments

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    just remember Callyco

you'll be taken care off and you will be fine.

• Callyco
    Callyco Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Also new to discussion Update

Had my surgery on Jan20th, came home on Sunday.  Just got the pathology report. Removed the whole right kidney. It is clear cell, Stage II. Was hoping it would be Stage I, but that's ok. said I will have CT scan in 3 months. I feel better, but sore around the incisions. I fell in my house when I got home from the hospital on Sunday, so I am trying to get over hitting my head On a table. 

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited January 2017 #64
    Options
    Geez

Be careful, Cally.  You just went through major surgery; the last think you need is to fall and break a bone.  Do you have help?  If not, see if you can have friends or family help you out for a few days.

Stub

• Callyco
    edited January 2017 #65
    Options
    Yes Stub

My sister has been here spoiling me with her cooking. I am taking it easy after I fell. Just got a little ahead of myself. I am taking it slow since I am on hydrocodone. Mending nicely. It  time to heal.

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2017 #66
    Options
    Glad you're home...

Glad you're home, on the mend. 

At the end of the first week home, I tripped and almost fell. I'm not sure what would've hurt more -- trying to catch myself with my midsection screaming "ArGh!" (which is what happened) or hitting the floor and then having to haul myself up (No doubt with my midsection screaming "ArGh"). And I wasn't even on medication. 

Be careful (OK, it's probably silly that we say that AFTER someone has fallen, but we mean it)! It takes a while for one's balance to reset, even when drug-free, which you're not... yet. 

Maybe your sister can wrap you in pillows?

• Callyco
    Options
    Pillows

It could have been worse, Jerzy. I was not being careful. Just grateful I didn't do any damage. I am taking it very easy. My sister has been a Godsend in taking care of me. I was just in a rush. Glad that's all behind me.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited January 2017 #68
    Options
    Let yourself be spoiled

You deserve it and you need it