Hello

Options
2»

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Welcome mlph

I won't go over what other people have said, but I will talk about rushing back.  I had a partial nephrectomy on August 26 and was back to work after a week off.  I was suppose to have a least two weeks off, but I was stubborn and thought I could manage.  It really beat me down and I think it slowed my recovery a little.  My personality is a lot like yours--I'm not good at sitting around.  It drives my wife crazy:)  I'm a runner and was going crazy not getting out and pounding miles.  At the six week mark I started back running and ran every day for a week (about 2 miles the first three days and 3 the last couple). That weekend I experienced a sharp pain at my surgery site that lasted a few days.  I was pretty concerned and was ready to call my doctor, but fortunately it did pass.  At that point I learned my lesson and took the advice of the members on this board--slow down.  

I'm glad you found this site.  The members here are special people.  I know you'll learn from them and find comfort and encouragement.  Try to take it easy and enjoy this holiday season.  

Stub 

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited December 2016 #23
    Options
    MLPH - I am sorry for not

MLPH - I am sorry for not giving you any supportive words (the rest of the gang did it much better than I could have done). But all I want to say is that I look at your picture and think - "what a beautiful woman"!!!

And Forough - you've changed your profile picture, now we can see you clearly, and I want to say that you are very beautiful too!!!

You both are fabulous, and you'll be allright!

Alla

• mlph4021
    mlph4021 Member Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2016 #24
    Options
    Allochka said:

MLPH - I am sorry for not giving you any supportive words (the rest of the gang did it much better than I could have done). But all I want to say is that I look at your picture and think - "what a beautiful woman"!!!

And Forough - you've changed your profile picture, now we can see you clearly, and I want to say that you are very beautiful too!!!

Alla

Very sweet, thank you. But if

Very sweet, thank you. But if I had used my first post surgery picture instead... ha ha ha Tongue Out

• mlph4021
    mlph4021 Member Posts: 76 Member
    edited December 2016 #25
    Options
    Thank you again everyone! By

Thank you again everyone! By Friday I was pretty worn out. Decided I was tired at 6:00 and went to bed! Took it pretty easy over the weekend, but still got out of the house a bit and I think it helped improve my mood a bit. I am already finding I am not all consumed with thinking about it.

Unfortunately, last night I learned my cousin's father is now in the hospital getting MRIs and testing done, as he started peeing blood on Thanksgiving! He has a mass on one of his kidneys and also a spot in his lungs. This is totally crazy, I had honestly never even thought about kidney cancer until it happened to me, now I know someone else going through it. Wish they lived closer so I could be of some help, but they are 3,000 miles away. 

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited December 2016 #26
    Options
    mlph4021 said:

Thank you again everyone! By

Thank you again everyone! By Friday I was pretty worn out. Decided I was tired at 6:00 and went to bed! Took it pretty easy over the weekend, but still got out of the house a bit and I think it helped improve my mood a bit. I am already finding I am not all consumed with thinking about it.

Unfortunately, last night I learned my cousin's father is now in the hospital getting MRIs and testing done, as he started peeing blood on Thanksgiving! He has a mass on one of his kidneys and also a spot in his lungs. This is totally crazy, I had honestly never even thought about kidney cancer until it happened to me, now I know someone else going through it. Wish they lived closer so I could be of some help, but they are 3,000 miles away. 

Sorry to hear that

So sorry to hear that. Being able to drop a note in the mailbox, pick up the phone, text, message can still be a big help. If he is going to have surgery, you're going to be a wealth of information by then. So - although being there in person doesn't sound like it's possible, there are so many other things you can do, even from afar. 

Hugs to you and yours - 

Jerzy

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    edited December 2016 #27
    Options
    Allochka said:

Alla

Thanks Alla
    You're inspiring

Thanks Alla

You're inspiring