Newbie- Husband Stage 4 at age 35

Options
2»

Comments

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Surviving cancer

Hi Laura! I'm sorry to hear what you and your husband are going through. I think a cancer diagnosis can be scarier for our loved ones than it is for us, as they have to see us suffer and then feel like there's nothing they can do for us. Cancer can make us feel like we no longer have control of our lives, and that can be more frustrating than anything.

I was 36 and a vegetarian for twelve years when my colorectal cancer symptoms started. It was the disease I thought I'd never get. I've seen a lot of vegetarians get this particular cancer that we believed back in the day was exclusively a meat-eaters disease. I've heard some pretty interesting theories about why vegetarians seem to be at a high risk for it.

Almost everyone does the standard treatment protocols in the beginning and some people have success with it. I didn't and the cancer came back.

I've had four recurrences since 2007, but never did chemo again after it failed me the first time. I've been writing literally all day, so forgive my inability to elaborate a whole lot on this right now. I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know there are other options besides the ones the doctors tell you about, and they're not complicated, alchemaic, or cost money (unless you go for TCM, but that's not a huge expense). 

I'll post a link here to one of my articles if you want a jumpstart on researching it. http://hubpages.com/health/No-One-Has-to-Die-of-Cancer

I wish you and your hubby all the best on this journey!

Krista   

• Diamonds in Orange
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm newly

Hello everyone. I'm newly diagnosed with mets in lungs, bone, brain and possibly my liver. I still haven't really processed it all. Praying I can survive this. Reading your stories gives me some hope.

• blessed39
    blessed39 Member Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Stage Four Colon Cancer Survivor

Laura, I'm a stage four colon cancer survivor. I have written my story entitled "How I Beat Stage Four Colon Cancer." I know exactually what you and your husband are going through. If you would be interested in reading it, just go to my blog and you will see it there. God bless you both.  Blessed39

• Joan M
    Joan M Member Posts: 409 Member
    edited January 2017 #25
    Options
    Keep the postivie attitude! 

Keep the postivie attitude!  We are all survivors for as long as we are alive!  We must enjoy what time we have here on earth and just live each day as fully as we are able to.  Having hope for a better future helps. 

There have been such great advances in medical treatments for cancer and other chronic illnesses.  I have stage 4 and have been told I cannot have any surgery or radiation, and that I will never be cured.  That doesn't stop me from getting the treatments such as chemo that are available to me.  I am also looking into getting the radio frequency ablation.  I will fight this horrilbe disease for as long as I am able to and enjoy each day to the maximum of my ability. 

I give thanks to God for my survival.  There are many stories of long term stage 4 cancer survivors on this site.  I have seen many others die unexpectedly since my diagnosis in February 2016 - celebrities like Prince, George Michaels, and relatives, friends, and friends of my relatives, people in my commuinty and around the world.  I am just so very happy to be alive!  I cannot allow myelf to dwell on the fear of "dying from cancer".   I am going to enjoy "living with cancer"  for as long as I possibly can. 

I wish you the best! 

Joan