Undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma

Options
VinceW
VinceW Member Posts: 1

My father (age 76) was recently diagnosed with undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma.  He had a spot on his forehead where they originally thought it was just a form of skin cancer and cut it out (twice).  It has increased in size very rapidly and he had it checked out to find it was cancerous.  He went in for a MRI and got the results back last week that he has lumps on both of his lungs along with multiple nodules around them.  He finds out next week if it is the same type of cancer as what is on his forehead.  To complicate matters, he had a kidney transplant about 2.5 years ago.  I know this will complicate treatment but don't know to what extent at this point.  I just moved away from him in Indiana and moved my family to Florida.  I feel horrible about it and so wish I was still there for him.  He is in great hands with his girlfriend (whom donated her kidney for him).  Is there hope?  What can I expect?  Any information would be greatful!

Comments

• donna1720
    donna1720 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2016 #2
    Options
    UPS sarcoma

From everything I've read it is very unusual to have this sarcoma on the forehead. Usually ups sarcoma metastasize into the lungs. By now testing has probably determined answers to all your questions. How is your Dad doing??