Taking Vitamin D? How much? And Turmeric/Curcumin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sharronoffaith
    Sharronoffaith Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2016 #22
    Options
    Tumeric, vit D etc....IM BACK

Hi Jan Jan,

For vitamin D, I personally take 2500 IU.  I take 2 tablets of 1000, and also there is the 500 in my multivitamin.  The docs are fine with me taking that amount...adults normally take 1000.  I have been low on D in the past, and have begun taking the D, and my blood level is better.  

Tumeric has antiinflammatory properties.  I actually just use it in cooking now.  If I am making an omlet, I take a few good shakes of the tumeric into the egg mixture and stir well.  Also, I use tumeric in rice and also veggie dishes.  I enjoy the taste, and since it has anti-inflammatory properties...i just shake shake shake away!

i am finally back to the forum....APR was a tough surgery, and have just been feeling like the Hindenburg for a while.   Nobody told me how rough that surgery would be for a bean eater.   

Somebody have an intentional fart for me!  Gosh...I miss that....

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options

Tumeric, vit D etc....IM BACK

Hi Jan Jan,

For vitamin D, I personally take 2500 IU.  I take 2 tablets of 1000, and also there is the 500 in my multivitamin.  The docs are fine with me taking that amount...adults normally take 1000.  I have been low on D in the past, and have begun taking the D, and my blood level is better.  

Tumeric has antiinflammatory properties.  I actually just use it in cooking now.  If I am making an omlet, I take a few good shakes of the tumeric into the egg mixture and stir well.  Also, I use tumeric in rice and also veggie dishes.  I enjoy the taste, and since it has anti-inflammatory properties...i just shake shake shake away!

i am finally back to the forum....APR was a tough surgery, and have just been feeling like the Hindenburg for a while.   Nobody told me how rough that surgery would be for a bean eater.   

Somebody have an intentional fart for me!  Gosh...I miss that....

Sharon, every once in a while

Sharon, every once in a while I have a teeny little one. It's always a shock and makes me wonder where the heck the air came from.

Jan