Thanksgiving

HapB
HapB Member Posts: 527
edited November 2016 in Anal Cancer #1

Hello fellow surviviors,

It was the night before Thanksgivng, six years ago, that I was diagnosed with Anal Cancer. What a long and painful journey it has been. During my treatment for anal cancer, they located another cancer, unrelated. When I finsihed treatment for anal cancer, I was treated for the second cancer. None of it was easy. Of all the things I am grateful for, the wonderful doctors and nurses, and my loving family, are at the top of my list. . They took great care of me and saved my life.

I found this site about a year after  my first diagnosis and it was a God send!  I am so grateful this year that I am here. I have made many life changes since my diagnosis. I have changed careers to a more fulfilling one( but a lot less money). I find meaning and joy in giving back and teaching children with chllenges. I smile more, stress less, and love more. 

I hope that all who come here find comfort, relief from pain, and most of all a cure! I hope to visit more often again! Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited November 2016 #2
    HapB

I'm so glad you have made positive changes in your life.  It sounds like you are doing some very good work.  I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

• Bella_G
    Bella_G Member Posts: 30 Member
    Grateful

Feeling grateful for my family & friends who supported me during my treatments and recovery almost 5 years ago.

And thankful for this group who continue to offer wisdom and support!

• TraceyUSA
    TraceyUSA Member Posts: 316
    Happy Thanksgiving to All

One positive thing that came out of the awful diagnosis of AC was that I realized the blessings that I do have and that I have a lot to be grateful for.  

This board and all who contribute are one of those blessings and I am grateful for all of your help and wisdom.