Positive News

Options
derMaus
derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member

This board has been a lifeline for me - which doesn't stop me from flipping out every second. My oncologist has the personality of a rock and I haven't gotten as much infomation out of her, but did have a long talk today with her fellow, which some of you may find useful. She told me that (1) they rarely-to-never see lung involvement at intial diagnosis (my big fear), and (2) they have many women who were diagnosed w/grade 3 cancers, even at stage 3 or 4, who "are walking around and only come in for a yearly check, nothing more". That is something I have NOT been told before, and I find it a great comfort to think of not only individual stories of survival such as yours, but that there's an entire big-city cancer center that sees lots of multi-year survivors. Perhaps this is not worth sharing, but I found it comforting and wanted to put it out there lest it be of use for someone else. Be well and godbless.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    edited November 2016 #2
    Options
    derMaus, this is a place you

derMaus, this is a place you can share, vent - anything you want.  

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting that

Thank you for posting that encouraging news!!  Too many times, the women we see on here are the ones who have a recurrence or are currently in frontline treatment.  As my oncologist's PA pointed out to me, read this board at your own risk because it is skewed since many women, once they're out of treatment and doing good, don't post.  She also told me that many women they've treated for gynecological cancers, even UPSC, are doing fine and have shown NED for many years.

Love,

Eldri

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thank you

I'm so glad you got to talk with someone and that they helped to put your fears to rest some.  Love answered prayers!!!

My Dr. told me the same thing about the board and the internet but it's so worth it to me to have someone I can talk to who KNOWS about this. 

Have a wonderful day today- enjoy the special moments of just being alive!  (((hugs)))

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Godd news is always welome. 

Godd news is always welome.  Thanks for sharing.  Im glad you got to hear it too.

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    edited November 2016 #6
    Options
    I mean good news.  Sorry for

I mean good news.  Sorry for the typo.

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2016 #7
    Options

Thank you for posting that

Thank you for posting that encouraging news!!  Too many times, the women we see on here are the ones who have a recurrence or are currently in frontline treatment.  As my oncologist's PA pointed out to me, read this board at your own risk because it is skewed since many women, once they're out of treatment and doing good, don't post.  She also told me that many women they've treated for gynecological cancers, even UPSC, are doing fine and have shown NED for many years.

Love,

Eldri

Important Point

I'm so glad that you posted that, Eldri! It's a really important point for all of us to keep in mind. 

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Thanks for posting this

Thanks for posting this reminder to keep things in perspective. It comes at just the right time for me.

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Celebrate every moment we are

Celebrate every moment we are all still here!

• Dsr
    Dsr Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2016 #10
    Options
    That is very good news as I

That is very good news as I am now waiting on biopsy results and am a wreck.