Options
2»

Comments

• thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    JanJan63 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That was the way it went for me, too. Chemo and radiation to shrink it then surgery. Funny you should mention the baking soda, that just came up on my facebook page tonight and I reposted it saying it was crap and I'm tired of supposed cures being posted. It's based on the acid/alkalai environment and is supposedly helpful to prevent cancer. My friend's husband who is very much into fitness and competes in body building and is into nutrition and designs diets for clients is a fan of it. He told me about it this past summer so I went home and checked it out and it's another cancer cure that doesn't work. Sorry to be negative but you'll get a lot of people who only be too happy to offer useless information that is of no help at all.

Curcumin is one I haven't heard of, though.

Anyway, you've come to the right place. Here you'll get genuine information and real life feedback from people who've been there rather than from doctors who have never had it and are just going by what they've read or what some patients have told them. And we don't share every detail of what it's really like to go through this with our doctors so they don't really know what it's like to live with it.

So welcome to the club.

Jan  

Cur cumin or turmeric

cur cumin or turmeric is an antitoxin And  Anti inflamatory,  so is cinnamon and real cocoa.it helps me digest my food .I'm taking a pill a day, plus 2000 mg vitamin D. So far I've been NED for 5 years. 

I don't say it is because of cur cumin , it just helps me not to run to bathroom after each meal.

Marjan

• mozart13
    mozart13 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Second scope

just had short scope, colorectal surgeon, was told it doesnt look bad, it is very accesible.

i ask him If we could avoid bag, the answer was, depends on mri, thats coming this week.

if only surgery, it could be done through anal area, if radiation is involved, than temporary bag is must..

i am gonna see him next week, Tuesday, will know more than.

thank you all for support, and wish well to every body.

Ivica

• mozart13
    edited November 2016 #24
    Options
    MRI

Had MRI today, diagnosed with rectal cancer T category: T1 or T2

Gonna start chemo and radition within few days, than operation,etc.

Will ask oncologist about Beta 1,3D Glucan, and Lentinula Edodes.

Will keep you updated guys.

• mozart13
    edited February 2017 #25
    Options
    update!

Finished chemo/rad last week, 25 sessions,  after week 4, felt very weak and tired, was afraid of week 5, but made it, no major issuess to report, coming around nicelly.

Will have MRI this Friday, for restaging, can't wait and afraid at same time, colonoscopy week after that.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited February 2017 #26
    Options
    mozart13 said:

update!

Finished chemo/rad last week, 25 sessions,  after week 4, felt very weak and tired, was afraid of week 5, but made it, no major issuess to report, coming around nicelly.

Will have MRI this Friday, for restaging, can't wait and afraid at same time, colonoscopy week after that.

This is your life

can't wait and afraid at same time,

This is how we live.  Waiting for the next scan and blood work. Then, waiting for the results. Wanting them and not wanting them. Psyching ourselves up in case they are bad, while planning a celebration.  

I'm also waiting. CT and blood last week, results 13th. 

Wishing you the very best. As in, the very best results and the very best four words 'No Evidence of Disease' NED. 

TRU

• mozart13
    edited February 2017 #27
    Options
    you nailed it

Thank you Trubrit, wish you the same as well!

• blessed39
    blessed39 Member Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    "How I Beat Stage Four Colon Cancer"

Dear Mozart13.

Dear impactzone. If you would be interested in reading my story "How I Beat Stage Four Colon Cancer" just go to my page

blessed39 and click on blog and my story will come up. I don't give medical advice, just what worked for me. God bless

blessed39