Have. Million questions

going in for a double mastectomy with reconstruction and am scared to death of pain. Haven't seen my surgeon yet but from what I read on line the expander are extremely painful. how long were you all out of work? I had BC in 1992 and had lumpectomy with chemo and radiation, then in August I was diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer (non smoker) had a lobectomy and was just getting back to normal when I got hit with this. How do they tell if you can go get implants and be done with it? I am also crying constantly, is that normal? I am so tired of everyone telling me how strong I am and how easy I handled the lobectomy ., sorry for all the questions but I don't know anyone who has gone through this

Comments

• karlawel
    karlawel Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2016 #2
    info

I am sorry  you are facing this again.....there is another site called "mybcteam" and it is a wonderful site with a lot of ladies going through what you are going through.  I have had a BXM with expanders.....they are not that bad, I will like it when I can get them out but really not too bad.  Not sure what else I can say to help but hope all goes well for you.

Karla

https://www.mybcteam.com/activities

• JasiccaTurner
    JasiccaTurner Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2016 #3

Really sorry for you that you have to face this. I don’t know how much this will help you. But I tried this for my father. Hemp seed oil. It is a great source of high quality nutrients and helpful for brain development & immune system health. CW hemp oil helps my father without any pain and side effects.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited November 2016 #4
    Hugs and pixie dust on your

Hugs and pixie dust on your way.

Denise

• mjord1
    mjord1 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2016 #5
    I just had a mastectomy with

I just had a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction 1 week ago, and the pain has not been as bad as I had thought it would be.  The surgeon planned on inserting an expander.  He told me that there was a chance that I might be able to go right to an implant and bypass the expander, but he wouldn't know until he got into the surgery to see what everything looked like.  He told me the pain/discomfort would be comparable either way - an immediate implant would just erase the need for weekly saline visits and a 2nd surgery.  He was able to do the implant, and the pain medications have really helped.  After a week, I'm tired but up and around and functioning (although not working.)  But I am also crying all the time, even though I am done with the surgery, so I think that the grief is really normal (especially with all that you have gone through.)  I hope it goes well for you. 

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    edited November 2016 #6
    Mastectomy

I didn't have expanders so I'm not sure, but the mastectomy itself hurt less than I expected. The drains were a drag, but they come out after a short time. I just wanted to point out that the crazy things people say are said out of kindness. People just don't know what you are going through so it's hard to accept their advice. Cry as much as you want to! Breast cancer is tough! Healing thoughts coming your way <3<3<3

• Valsmombarb
    Valsmombarb Member Posts: 1
    My masectomy was 100%

My masectomy was 100% painless. I hope you have faith in God, prayer & mentally are strong. The chemo is very bearable as well. I think we look worse than we feel!!!

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    no advice-just pixie dust..

no advice-just pixie dust..

Denise