Zometa

Abunai
Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member

Wow.

Had my first Zometa treatment yesterday. I'm not sure what the dose was; it was about a 20 minute IV drip.

I woke up about half an hour ago with some fairly intense pain in my knee areas. If feel it most on the inner portion of my thighs right above the knees.

I've been doing a lot of physical therapy exercises, so I'm not ready to place the blame solely on the Zometa, but I'm 90% sure it's the culprit.

Is anyone else here being treated with Zometa? Any similar issues?

Comments

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    I was on

zometa for several years. I never had any noticable effects. I do remember taking a couple of hard falls which could have ended badly. But I was not even hurt. Once I got clotheslined while on my harley and went down hard. Then I got hit by a car while crossing the street. Tripped hard a couple other times now that I think of it. I have to believe the zometa protected me each time. I am not on it now but I am worried. Keep in mind that at all times I hard at least a half dozen active bone mets. Some here, some there, some came, some went. My bones had also been weakened by much radiation. So I think what you feel is probably a good thing. It is protecting you.

• firedude21
    firedude21 Member Posts: 52
    foxhd said:

I was on

zometa for several years. I never had any noticable effects. I do remember taking a couple of hard falls which could have ended badly. But I was not even hurt. Once I got clotheslined while on my harley and went down hard. Then I got hit by a car while crossing the street. Tripped hard a couple other times now that I think of it. I have to believe the zometa protected me each time. I am not on it now but I am worried. Keep in mind that at all times I hard at least a half dozen active bone mets. Some here, some there, some came, some went. My bones had also been weakened by much radiation. So I think what you feel is probably a good thing. It is protecting you.

Zometa

I've been on Zometa for some time now.  I receive it every three months via a 30 minute infusion.  I have never had any negative effects of any kind. 

I wish you the best.

fd21

• Dan6652
    Dan6652 Member Posts: 25
    Abunai

How are your knees? I hope you're feeling better and the pain has subsided. Take Care.

• Abunai
    Abunai Member Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2016 #5
    Dan6652 said:

Abunai

How are your knees? I hope you're feeling better and the pain has subsided. Take Care.

Thanks for asking, Dan.

The pain has subsided.

I'm still not sure it was the Zometa's fault.

I may just be pushing my legs and joints too hard trying to get fully back on my feet.

Hope all is good on your end.