Shooting pain

Options

I am experiencing shooting pain in my breast.  Is this a side effect of the radiation or maybe an infection?  I have taken 22 of the 30 radiation treatments.

Comments

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2016 #2
    Options
    I had shooting pain that

I had shooting pain that started after the lumpectomy. Any pain I had with radiation came from burns and blisters. Maybe someone else here can be more helpful.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I never has that issue, SO no

I never has that issue, SO no help. I hope someone  else can help you out.

Denise

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member
    edited November 2016 #4
    Options
    Nerves regenerating

I had some discomfort during my radiation.  Rad onco explained that the tissue was changing, and the timing of my radiation was about the time nerves would be regenerating - I was 3 months post surgery.  There can be many similar situations, but we are all so different, and our treatments are not exactly the same.  Please be sure to discuss with your nurses and doctor.  You're almost there!  Best wishes for a great celebration!

• Iris_G
    Iris_G Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    More of an ache...

Mine isn't a shooting pain, more of an ache and heavy feeling all the time.  My radiation oncologist told me it's the scar tissue building up and to massage my breast every day to minimize the scarring.

• Leslie_B
    Leslie_B Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2016 #6
    Options
    I've been having some pains

I've been having some pains also - sometimes shooting.  I started physical therapy last week and today I met with a PT that specializes in lymphedemia.  I'm trying to be very proactive and not develope it.  I think it will really help.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited November 2016 #7
    Options
    Pain across the incision site and more

I think it comes with the territory.  I had a bi-lateral masectomy in March of this year and the pain shoots across all the time.  My surgeon said it was where the tissue and the nerves are trying to heal.  Keep using lotion and gently massage as much as you can stand.  You might ask your onocologist to get you into physical therepy.  They have wonderful people there that specialize in this and can help you and teach you how to care for you.