Scan results are in

Options
2»

Comments

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Foot, it sounds depressing,

Foot, it sounds depressing, but really, can't it be a result of nivo actually  working? Many times things light up, look bigger and then with continuance on Nivo, the next scan can be better@  Radiation also looks bigger on a scan.  Great the bigger one shrank. Keep your chin up, let's see the next scan.  I forget, did you do Votrient?  Hugs!

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited November 2016 #23
    Options
    Votrient

No. I somehow missed that one. But dont worry, I'm not downhearted. We move on and it is pretty exciting.

• pamstayner
    pamstayner Member Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I vote for tumor flares

If you are still being radiated, it is tumor flare... for little ones invisable before, and those that did not shrink, they are mad as hell at the Nivo and radiation treatments, and trying to puff themselves up to look meaner.... 

I know all will turn out well.  This nivo stuff is good... I beleive it works best when it is used in tandem with another therapy.... Here's to getting great responses for the new year....  My best to you Foots.

Pam

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited November 2016 #25
    Options

I vote for tumor flares

If you are still being radiated, it is tumor flare... for little ones invisable before, and those that did not shrink, they are mad as hell at the Nivo and radiation treatments, and trying to puff themselves up to look meaner.... 

I know all will turn out well.  This nivo stuff is good... I beleive it works best when it is used in tandem with another therapy.... Here's to getting great responses for the new year....  My best to you Foots.

Pam

Those little puffed up ones?

Those little puffed up ones? Personally, I think they're gonna get STOMPED.

• LauraM3
    LauraM3 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow. I was not expecting to

Wow. I was not expecting to read this news.  I am praying for yoU, foots. 

• Footstomper
    Options
    Little puffed up ones?

Quite possibly due to the immune systems manufacture of T-cells. Abscopal effect still possible.

• nancybuck
    nancybuck Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2016 #28
    Options
    Just read your post

and I am so sorry to hear that things are not going the way you had hoped. Carry on soldier, the battle lies ahead.

Continued prayers for you and all here figing this horrible monster.

Nancy

• Footstomper
    edited November 2016 #29
    Options
    nancybuck said:

Just read your post

and I am so sorry to hear that things are not going the way you had hoped. Carry on soldier, the battle lies ahead.

Continued prayers for you and all here figing this horrible monster.

Nancy

It looks like bad news

But it may well not be. The apparent growth may be a reaction to the radiation and immunotherapy. In Mondays conversation between my wife (a viral oncologist) and my oncologist, they agreed that the 'growth' may be the  production of T-cells, which in my (very limited understanding) would be evidence of the immune system attacking the cancer.

Thanks for your lovely thoughts. Tomorrow is another day, maybe even a better day.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your bad news

Hi, I have only been on this discussion group for a very little while, but your posts and sense of humor have helped me immensely. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Footstomper
    edited November 2016 #31
    Options

Sorry to hear your bad news

Hi, I have only been on this discussion group for a very little while, but your posts and sense of humor have helped me immensely. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for your thoughts

But dont forget it just looks like bad news. I'm still in the middle of the experiment. At the moment I have more cancer, but it could turn out, if the experiment works, that I end up with no cancer.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

Thanks for your thoughts

But dont forget it just looks like bad news. I'm still in the middle of the experiment. At the moment I have more cancer, but it could turn out, if the experiment works, that I end up with no cancer.

So do you believe in Miracles

So do you believe in Miracles ??  ( unexpected, unexplained positive results)

Ha!

Hugs to you my dear~

Jan

• Footstomper
    edited November 2016 #33
    Options
    Hugs, back at you Jan

No I dont believe in miracles, just letting the experiment end. And trying not to give into hope or despair.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

Hugs, back at you Jan

No I dont believe in miracles, just letting the experiment end. And trying not to give into hope or despair.

I do not mean miracles in the

I do not mean miracles in the "religious" sense, but in the unexpected, yet hopeful sense.

Doctors are surprised by "medical miracles" (unexplainable), all the time.

Mind-body-spirit (not religion)

Jan

• danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    Options
    Oh Wow

Did not expect to hear that Footstomper! Maybe next scan will show all tumors have lost weight! Wishing and praying for the best for you!

Prayers for good health!

Brenda

• Footstomper
    Options
    danbren2 said:

Oh Wow

Did not expect to hear that Footstomper! Maybe next scan will show all tumors have lost weight! Wishing and praying for the best for you!

Prayers for good health!

Brenda

Thanks Brenda

Good to hear from you.

How are you? Have you finally retired yet?

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Jan4you said:

I do not mean miracles in the

I do not mean miracles in the "religious" sense, but in the unexpected, yet hopeful sense.

Doctors are surprised by "medical miracles" (unexplainable), all the time.

Mind-body-spirit (not religion)

Jan

Radical Remissions

There is an interesting book called Radical Remissions by Kelly Turner. She travelled the world talking to people who have unexpectedly recovered from cancer.

She compared the cases and found 9 common elements in people's stories. Nearly all of them were mental/spiritual.

I think you'd like it but it's probably not for everyone.

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    edited November 2016 #38
    Options
    Hi Stomps

Checking on you and sending well wishes.

Hugs

• Footstomper
    edited November 2016 #39
    Options
    marosa said:

Hi Stomps

Checking on you and sending well wishes.

Hugs

Still here

Hugs right back at you!