Head is very sensitive

Options
ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181

I have done 15 treatments.I have 3 chemo treatments to go.I dint loss my hair.Its thinner.But my head is very sensitive and sore.surley If was going to loss hair it would have come out by now.Anyone else have this happen?Thanks

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Ouch!!

Sending a hug.

xoxo

Victoria

• Rhea2
    Rhea2 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hair/head

Regrets for the sore head. I think there are suggestions for this; you might check with your medical team about what they suggest.

Sending best wishes for relief soon.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    hugs

hugs

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh yes,

My first chemo I started feeling like my head was tingling and then as I went on, it became tender.  By my third chemo, my hair was coming out by the handfuls.  Now I have moved on to a different kind of treatment that allows my hair to grow.  (Herceptin)  So as my hair has started to come back in, it is again tender and sore.  So I am thinking it has to do with the death of and the regeneration of the hair folicles. 

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2016 #6
    Options
    I just went from hair to no

I just went from hair to no hair to hair again  - no pain or tenderness involved.  but I wonder if one of those cold caps would help your situation. Anyone use one?

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hair growth

I saw a Youtube video about a woman with a tender head when it fell out and grew back.  So I am not worried about it.  HOWEVER< I have a question about this subject.  AS you can see in my picture, my hair is very light, almost white here.  That is gone and now it is growing back in black and silver.  I have never had black hair.  Plus it is getting a wave.  I always had straight as a stick hair.  Anyone else have this after chemo?  change in color and texture?  If so, how long does that last?  Will it go back to as it was prior to treatment?  My onocologist says this is normal. 

• ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Hair color

my hair came back black and silver.Been 7 yrs. since first lost hair.It has never went back to same color or texture.