Roll Call October 2016

tealnpink
tealnpink Member Posts: 30 Member
edited October 2016 in Ovarian Cancer #1

We haven't had a roll call in a long time.

Diagnoses1.  February 2010 stage 3C low-grade papillary serous carcinoma and high-grade serous ovarian cancer.

2.  May 2010 stage 2B invasive ductal carcinoma breast cancer.

3.  September 2012 malignant neoplasm of colon.

4. 2012 platinum resistant, restaged to stage 4 ovca

Genetics:. BRCA2 +, ER+100%, PR+ 25%, HER-2+ 20%, and KRAS mutation.

Treatment1.  2010: debulking and bladder resection with neobladder placement.

2.  2010: 6 round of Taxol/Carboplatin.

3.  2010 bilateral mastectomy.

4.  2010: radiation

5.  2011: breast reconstruction.

6.  2012: 6 rounds of Cistoplatin/Gemzar.

7.  2012: phase 1 clinical trial.

Current status: NED by PET scan in 2016.  Clinical trial ended but still taking clinical trial drug. CA125 is not a good marker for me but it is currently 28.

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    edited October 2016 #2
    Here

Diagnoses: July 2009, stage 3C papillary serous adenocarcinoma, high-grade, CA-125  4600

Genetics:. BRCA1 

Surgery: August 2009; suboptimal debulking; 3 bowel resections, residual tumor in lymph nodes, on liver and on colon.

Treatment: Single, experimental round Gemzar/Taxotere, then switched to Carbo/Taxol/Avasin for 8 rounds.  Continued Avastin for 11 rounds after completing first line treatment.

Complications: Developed severe ascites following surgery which lasted 2 months.  Had to have paracentesis every three days for most of that time.  Total of 20 gallons of ascites drained over 2 months.

Put onto TPN, IV nutrition, 24/7 for 3 months, started two weeks before the ascites stopped.

Other: Received integrative treatment throughout chemo and for years after becoming NED; stayed at the Oasis of Hope Hospital in Mexico for two weeks immediately after starting carbo/taxol/avasin.  Received high dose IV vitamin C, IV vitamin K, ozone therapy, leatrile, nutritional therapies - lots of supplements, changed diet.  Continued IV vitamin C through chemo and for three years after completing treatment, have done Mistletoe and continue to do maintenance.  

Current status: NED since February 2010, CA-125  2.

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited October 2016 #3
    Still here

Diagnosed 3/16/2010, Stage IIIc

Chemo April-May 2010

Debulking surgery June 21, 2010

Chemo August-September 2010 (remission)

Chemo May-July 2013 for first recurrence (remission?)

Chemo Oct 2014 -Feb 2015 for second recurrence (no remission, needed break)

Chemo August-December 2015, still for second recurrence, needed break

Have been taking Tamoxifen to keep count down.  It hasn't worked as well as before but it's given me a long break and no chemo during the holidays since 2013, so I'm grateful.

My best to all of you ladies and it is so heartening to see some long-time members.

Happy Halloween!

Karen

• JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2016 #4
    HERE TOO

Diagnosed:April 2, 2008 Stage  3C

Debulking surgery: April 10, 2008

Chemo: May thru Oct  2008 (IP port)

In Remission ever since no recurences.

My best to all.... Joan

• wholfmeister
    wholfmeister Member Posts: 315
    edited November 2016 #5
    Wholfmeister

Diagnosed with 3C ovarian cancer in March 2012.

i had optimal debulking, followed by every chemo (IV and IP) in progression until May 2016.  Everything worked momentarily, but then the cancer overcame. I have never been NED.  

Current CA125 is over 18,300.

zero stamina, short of breath, pain in spine, thigh bones, general discomfort in abdomen.  

Spending my days counting the blessings of my life, sharing with my family, and telling those  I love how much they mean to me.  Including the caring women on this board.

• Jodisgoing180
    Jodisgoing180 Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2016 #6
    Here's me :)

Diagnoses: February 2016 Stage IV epilethial high grade cancer (carcinoma)

Genetics: BRCA negative...

Treatments: 

January 2016: Uteral stint and initial diagnosis surgery
    February 2016: Optimum debulking, hysterectomy, and bowel resection
    March-June 2016: Carbo/Taxol Dose Dense Chemotherapy
    September 2016: Residual disease found
    October 2016: Power Port placement, and round 1 of Doxil, I get single agent Doxil once a month for 6-8 treatments

Current status: First recurrence, told I am incurable/chronic but not terminal

• madeline236
    madeline236 Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2016 #7
    here too

Diagnosis: None yet. Waiting for appointment with gyno-oncologist Nov 22 following ultrasound showing solid ovarian mass with blood flow, elevated CA125 levels and some OVCA symptoms.

Genetics: BRCA2+

Treatment:

1) bilateral prophylactic mastectomies in 2011 with immediate DIEP reconstruction

Complications:

reconstruction didn't go well. Had 9 surgeries in total as the flap died, my body hated an implant, I wouldn't heal, etc, etc.

Wholfmeister - I'm glad you are appreciating life and those around you. I'm sure they love you even more for it.

• ladychodan
    ladychodan Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2016 #8

Hi,

I was diagnosed first week of May 2016 - 4th stage ovarian

Took 6 rounds of Taxol/Carboplatin

CA-125 down to 16

Debunking surgery successful ,   no cancer showing in abdomen , getting a CT on Tuesday . Doc says for new baseline 

Started avastin last Tuesday as my maintenance drug

Started having severe pain in my right hand and my knees 

Take 300 mg of gabapenti and 10 mg of oxyc done 3x a day for neuropathy 

Oh, I'm 66

• Jhd2u
    Jhd2u Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2016 #9
    Checking in

59 years old

No genetic predisposition

Diagnosed Feb 2015 Stage IIIC Low grade serous carcinoma

Three months of chemo - non responsive

Excellent debulking surgery June 2015, which left only three small inoperable spots. 

Since then doing anti estrogens with decent results.    Happy to be here!!

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    STILL HERE, TOO!

Hi, Ladies:

2000:  OVCA Stage 1C, complete hysterctomy, lymph nodes, omentum, 6 rounds chemotherapy

2006:  OVCA, surgery for tumor, appendectomy, more lymph nodes, 6 rounds chemotherapy

2013:  BC, lumpectomy, radiation.  Currently on Exemestane

So glad to see so many of you, and grateful that you continue to be NED and/or living life.  My prayers continue for all of you, and the newbies, and everyone who comes here to be comforted and encouraged.  (((HUGS))) to all!

Monika

• ladychodan
    ladychodan Member Posts: 3
    mopar said:

STILL HERE, TOO!

Hi, Ladies:

2000:  OVCA Stage 1C, complete hysterctomy, lymph nodes, omentum, 6 rounds chemotherapy

2006:  OVCA, surgery for tumor, appendectomy, more lymph nodes, 6 rounds chemotherapy

So glad to see so many of you, and grateful that you continue to be NED and/or living life.  My prayers continue for all of you, and the newbies, and everyone who comes here to be comforted and encouraged.  (((HUGS))) to all!

Monika

Still here too

Wow , you have  been beating cancer for 16 years !!!!  You are definitely a hero.  I've only been fighting since May and there are times I think (even if only for a second ) that I'm tired and maybe I should just stop trying and give in to the monster trying  to kill me . Then I smack myself, lol, and keep going .  Thank you and all the wonderful women out there who inspire women like me.

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Checking in too

Hello Wonderful Ladies,

Age 56

Diagnosed September 2010, CA 125 2,600+

Optimal debulking surgery in October 2010, stage 2b, high grade

CA 125 dropped to 7 after surgery and before chemo

Frontline chemo December 2010 through March 2011

NED (no evidence of disease) ever since chemo ended

Grateful and happy to be here!

Warmly,

Kelly

• rejoycew
    rejoycew Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2016 #13
    Living with cancer and loving life

Age 76

Diagnosed Aug 2015  CA-125 1485.2

2 rounds carboplatin/taxol, had emergency surgery with optimum debulking, bowel resectioning, continued with 4 more months of carboplatin/taxol, CA-125 not down to normal and climbed up slowly, CT scan showed tumors on liver and lower plevis area, started Gemcitabine weekly chemo after 9 weeks with CA-125 slowly rising switched to Doxil monthly after 4 treaments  CA-125 still slowly rising, but the good news is no real side effects, I feel good, have energy and the neopathy is lessened by the Gabapentin. 

I've been told its incurable but can be managed to have a good quality of life.  So I'm loving and enjoying family and friends who have been so supportive and helpful.  I've been truly Blessed.

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    kikz said:

Still here

Diagnosed 3/16/2010, Stage IIIc

Chemo April-May 2010

Debulking surgery June 21, 2010

Chemo August-September 2010 (remission)

Chemo May-July 2013 for first recurrence (remission?)

Chemo Oct 2014 -Feb 2015 for second recurrence (no remission, needed break)

Chemo August-December 2015, still for second recurrence, needed break

Have been taking Tamoxifen to keep count down.  It hasn't worked as well as before but it's given me a long break and no chemo during the holidays since 2013, so I'm grateful.

My best to all of you ladies and it is so heartening to see some long-time members.

Happy Halloween!

Karen

Bless your heart

looks like we are two of the longest ones still here

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    edited December 2016 #15
    mopar said:

STILL HERE, TOO!

Hi, Ladies:

Monika

glad your here

i do not come her e much any more glad to see your here

• Doodlelady
    Doodlelady Member Posts: 3
    Still kicking

Age 65

Diagnosed Dec 2003 OVCA Stage 3A, complete hysterctomy, omentum, gallbladder, 6 rounds chemotherapy

NED (no evidence of disease) ever since chemo ended July 2004.  Very blessed.

My prayers continue for all of you Merry Christmas all.