Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma

Just wanted to poke my head into this forum, I participate in the head and neck forum since thats where my cancer was found. But, it is a rare cancer, so, just wanted to put a post here for anyone that may pass through looking for something on adenoid cystic.

Much Love,

-PC

Comments

• Kettin
    Kettin Member Posts: 1
    2nd round

My first occurence of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma was in my left cheek. I have recently found that I have a new diagnosis same cancer just in my lungs. Has anyone found anything that might be a good treatment? Because it is in my lungs, in multiple locations, I was told radiation and surgery are not really great ideas. I have been tested for multiple markers and mutations and have come up with nothing. Since this type is uncommon no one seems to know of anything to give one hope.

• Lucky933
    Lucky933 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2017 #3
    I had Adenoid Cystic

I had Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma and underwent surgery and 30 doses of radiation treatment. I am a year out after the treament had been done. I have been having this facial pain about 2-3 months after the radiation treament had finished. Now the doctors suspect that it could be the tumor recourring on the nerver. They will watch it closely and maybe I have to go through a Gamma Knife radiosurgery if necessary.

• kimdcarlton
    kimdcarlton Member Posts: 2
    Newly Diagnosed

Hello All,

I was recently diagnosed with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma in my submandibular gland.  I am meeting with the radiation oncolgist on Friday and just looking for information on types of radiation that have been beneficial to others with this diagnosis.  Thanks so much!