Reoccurence of cough and fever after three months of removing kidney

Options
Jldudeja
Jldudeja Member Posts: 4

Hi guys my father was detected with kidney cancer stage 4  6 months back with symptoms if continous fever and cough. Then he got his kidney removed and having sutent since then. He was ok for four months but after four months cough Nd fever started reoccurring. Does anyone facing same issue 

Comments

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Kind of need more information.  Did it mets to his lung(s)? Please fill out your "about me" page, even if you aren't the patient you can provide some information that would help with responses on the forum.

He may have a pneumonia going on, so I would strongly suggest you reach out to his physician.

Donna~

• Jldudeja
    Options
    hardo718 said:

Welcome

Kind of need more information.  Did it mets to his lung(s)? Please fill out your "about me" page, even if you aren't the patient you can provide some information that would help with responses on the forum.

He may have a pneumonia going on, so I would strongly suggest you reach out to his physician.

Donna~

Yes metasis in lungs

yes it got metasised in lungs as well but after remical of kidney he was fine for two months i mean no cough

• Jldudeja
    edited October 2016 #4
    Options
    Need your advise urgently

hi All

just wanted to confirm if the symptom reoccurs is anything to worry?do we need to switch to some other medicine from sutent?

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    edited October 2016 #5
    Options
    Could be a number of things

I'm sorry, Jldudeja, but a cough and fever could be a number of things.  'Tis the time of year where sickness bugs are out (I work in a K-12 school setting, so I have a lot of experience in this).  My best advice would be to call your doctor asap.  They should be able to get him in and look over his health.  If it is reoccuance, then you'll be able to move forward with a plan in place.  If it isn't reoccurance, then rest and antibiotics will be in order.  I'm praying for the rest and antibiotics.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Stub

• Jldudeja
    Options
    Ct planned

doctor has advised for CT after 4 weeks till then need your prayers

• Teashea
    Teashea Member Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Jldudeja

Prayers going up right now. My nep was 2005. I do not remember a fever or cough afterwards. I also have a hilar mass and I have not had any fever. Seems I only have a cough when I have a cold. Sutent has not been offered to me so I can not comment on it. Best wishes to your father.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Contact your Doctor

Youve got nothing to lose except worry. I did Sutent for a while. It reduced the tumours but I couldnt live with the side effects. I have read people on here having no side effects.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    edited October 2016 #9
    Options
    I also think it's best to

I also think it's best to contact his Doctor. C.T scan could be done sooner or the drugs might be replaced. By the way, no harm in talking to someone who is responsible for his health

Forough