Total Newbie

Options
Tbailey
Tbailey Member Posts: 7

Went to my Primary back in May for what I assumed was a hemorrhoid ! I had issues but i thought I seemed better at times ! Went For my annual Gyno on Monday he sets me up with surgeon on Tuesday ! Surgeon said he wants to do biopsy on Wednesday ! I get results Late Thursday he said it's a melanoma ! I am set for PET to see if it's spread ! I am healthy, eat good and clean  and work out Almost every single day ! I thought I had a hemorrhoid .... scared .

Comments

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    Options
    anal melanoma

Hi Tbailey -  Welcome to this site.  I am so sorry about your diagnosis. You are the 3rd person in this discussion group who recently have been diagnosed w/anal melanoma.  This  cancer is very rare.  I am very sorry!  The people on this site typically have squamous cell anal ca.  The two others are lisa202 who entered on 6/20/16 & the other is bKcoach who entered on 9/19/16.  I suggest you get in touch with them for more information.  Wishing you a negative report on your PET scan.  Keep in touch!

Nic

• Tbailey
    Options

anal melanoma

Hi Tbailey -  Welcome to this site.  I am so sorry about your diagnosis. You are the 3rd person in this discussion group who recently have been diagnosed w/anal melanoma.  This  cancer is very rare.  I am very sorry!  The people on this site typically have squamous cell anal ca.  The two others are lisa202 who entered on 6/20/16 & the other is bKcoach who entered on 9/19/16.  I suggest you get in touch with them for more information.  Wishing you a negative report on your PET scan.  Keep in touch!

Nic

Thank you for your reply .

Thank you for your reply . How do I find them on this site ?

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited October 2016 #4
    Options
    Tbailey

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  As nic stated above, it is hard to believe you are the third person who recently joined this group with anal melanoma, which, as she said, is quite rare.  My anal cancer was of the more common (although still rare) squamous cell type. 

Please check out bkcoach's thread, which I just posted on so it would bump up to the top of the list.  Check the topic list to see if there was an initial post by lisa202 also.  If I can find it, I will also post a comment there to bump it up.

We are here to help you, so please keep us posted on your treatment plans when you know more from your doctors after your PET scan.  I wish you all the best.

Martha

• nicotianna
    nicotianna Member Posts: 209
    edited October 2016 #5
    Options
    Tbailey

You can contact others on this web site directly & privately.  See CSN email on this screen.  Move the cursor to the left to the brown posts.  Then go down to the 6th entry (CSN email).   To see the posts of the 2 individuals, go the Discussion Board for anal canel screen & scroll down to the dates I mentioned.  Their entries should appear on your screen.  Good luck.  Keep me posted.

Nic

• Tbailey
    edited October 2016 #6
    Options
    Thank you 

Thank you 

• Tbailey
    Options
    I have an appoitment with MD

I have an appoitment with MD Anderson October 18! 

• mp327
    edited October 2016 #8
    Options
    Tbailey

That is good news.  Do you know who you will be seeing there?

• Tbailey
    Options
    mp327 said:

Tbailey

That is good news.  Do you know who you will be seeing there?

Dr Ross and Dr Amaria. 

Dr Ross and Dr Amaria. 

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited October 2016 #10
    Options
    Dear Friend,

I am an honorary member here from the rectal cancer forum. (Just like the people here). Early to say anything at this point just wanted to give you support during these hard times. The mindset that helped me through the initial shock is that you are the same person as you were before your diadnosis, you have the same strength, skills, wisdom, love, you just happen to have cancer now. Modern medicine has come a long way and there is a great chance that you will be fine. Come back here often, ask and share about anything. Members here helped me and others so much. 

Keep living like you have been and you will feel much better once you know what needs to be done and when the treatment begins you will have a new purpose to make it.

All the best,

Laz

• mp327
    Options
    Tbailey

Thank you for the information about your doctors.  I am not familiar with either of them, but they are at MDA and would not be there if they were not excellent physicians.  I hope all goes well for you at your appt. there, you get some answers, and a treatment plan.  I send positive thoughts your way!

Martha

• Tbailey
    edited October 2016 #12
    Options
    lp1964 said:

Dear Friend,

I am an honorary member here from the rectal cancer forum. (Just like the people here). Early to say anything at this point just wanted to give you support during these hard times. The mindset that helped me through the initial shock is that you are the same person as you were before your diadnosis, you have the same strength, skills, wisdom, love, you just happen to have cancer now. Modern medicine has come a long way and there is a great chance that you will be fine. Come back here often, ask and share about anything. Members here helped me and others so much. 

Keep living like you have been and you will feel much better once you know what needs to be done and when the treatment begins you will have a new purpose to make it.

All the best,

Laz

Thank you ! I cried , freaked

Thank you ! I cried , freaked out and even felt like I was making myself feel bad pains ! I am getting back into my life routine ! Had a trip planned to NOLA was going to cancel but decided to go ! I have to not let this defeat me ! 

• Tbailey
    Options
    mp327 said:

Tbailey

Thank you for the information about your doctors.  I am not familiar with either of them, but they are at MDA and would not be there if they were not excellent physicians.  I hope all goes well for you at your appt. there, you get some answers, and a treatment plan.  I send positive thoughts your way!

Martha

Yes trying to be positive !

Yes trying to be positive ! The feelings I am having i never have felt !