1st PET Scan Post Treatment - not NED

Options

Comments

• SylMarie
    SylMarie Member Posts: 91 Member
    edited September 2016 #22
    Options
    Steven, I am sorry to read

Steven, I am sorry to read this news, and am hoping that it is just a reactive node issue. It seems, through reading all these informative posts, that it happens quite a bit. I know the waiting is terrible. It sucks the energy right out of your body and permeates every moment of every day, until you know. Try to relax as much as you can, and know that we are all pulling for you. Sending blessings your way.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear

Wish you well and lots of strength and positivty as you showed the first time. There are false positives from early scans, hopefully it is that.

• stevenpepe
    stevenpepe Member Posts: 234
    edited September 2016 #24
    Options
    Saw my doc today and it's a

Saw my doc today and it's a recurrence on the other side of my neck. More surgery and radiation next week.

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    edited September 2016 #25
    Options
    Oh Steven. I am so sorry. We

Oh Steven. I am so sorry. We are all here for you through all of this. You are so strong, my friend. I know you can get through this. Sending you love and prayers from Houston.

• RottiesMom
    RottiesMom Member Posts: 167
    Options
    I am so sorry!

I'm so sorry you need more treatment!  Prayers said...you can do this!!!

Joanne

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited September 2016 #27
    Options
    get it gone

Steven,

I am sorry you must go through this, but I have every confidence they will get it all.  It could be they simply missed it and now they won’t.  It is usually in an active stage when each of us find we have cancer.  Yours was a little elusive.

Best always,

Matt

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    edited September 2016 #28
    Options
    Steven....I had a recurrence in my lymph

nodes...same side as the first time around, and three years out of treatment.  I had radiation again last January/February.  This second round of rads was SO much easier....I didn't realize it back then, that having chemo concurrently with the rads, was what made them seem so mean.   Chances are the number of rads you have this time will be less than last time (I had 35 the first time.....25 the second time).  For me, I came to the conclusion that it must be the last 10 rads that rip us up. 

I think that once they get this node out....apply some rads to the area, in case some cells decide to march to their own drummer....you'll be off the gravel, and smooth sailing from there on.

p

• armana
    armana Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Saw my doc today and it's a recurrence on the other side of my neck. More surgery and radiation next week.

So Sorry

I am sorry you have to go throuh this agaian. I know several people on this and another cancer forum with the same experience and are doing fine now.

You will be in my prayers.

• cardoza33
    cardoza33 Member Posts: 81
    edited September 2016 #30
    Options

You can do it!

This sucks, but we can all tell how strong a person you are.  Like most on here, I have had cancer.  I have also lost a small child to illness and had a few other trying experiences, each time it takes a few days to get your head right and then you do what you need to do to survive for you and your family.  The positive attitude and strong character you have will resurface and carry you through this.

• Sandraw
    Sandraw Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2016 #31
    Options
    Sorry

I'll be sending you positive thoughts and praying for you. Keep on being a Warrior!

• LiseA
    LiseA Member Posts: 266
    Options
    Steven, I can't imagine the

Steven, I can't imagine the emotions you must be going through to repeat the same story on the other side. 

Very sorry to hear this.  Thinking of you and hoping this will be the final surgery and treatment.  Take care and know that there are people who genuinely care to know how you're doing. 

• stevenpepe
    edited October 2016 #33
    Options
    LiseA said:

Steven, I can't imagine the

Steven, I can't imagine the emotions you must be going through to repeat the same story on the other side. 

Very sorry to hear this.  Thinking of you and hoping this will be the final surgery and treatment.  Take care and know that there are people who genuinely care to know how you're doing. 

Thank you, Lisa. I will be

Thank you, Lisa. I will be fine. I know the support is real in this forum and I appreciate it. I will post my progress moving forward. There's a chance I won't need external radiation, but I'm not hopeful. They are radiating during surgery so maybe that will be enough. The surgery is much easier than thr rads.

• LiseA
    edited October 2016 #34
    Options
    When will you have surgery?

When will you have surgery?  Did you have a Pet Scan the first time? I was wondering why this didn't show up then. 

Is your swallowing and speech okay now?

• Kari2007
    Kari2007 Member Posts: 108
    edited October 2016 #35
    Options
    Will be thinking of you

I'm sorry you're having to go through this again, but I wish for you the best and for it all to get knocked out of there this time! I'll be thinking of you.

Kari

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    edited October 2016 #36
    Options
    Praying for you~~

I pray that this time has been much easier on you, please post how you are doing, when you feel up to it.Frown

• stevenpepe
    edited October 2016 #37
    Options
    LiseA said:

When will you have surgery?  Did you have a Pet Scan the first time? I was wondering why this didn't show up then. 

This coming Friday is surgery

This coming Friday is surgery day. I have had 3 PET scans this year, the 2nd just prior to radiation. PET scans don't always pick up microscopic cells. None of them found the 2 nodes affected until they were biopsied. Not too confident with these scans since I felt the swollen node 2 weeks prior to the scan.

• stevenpepe
    edited October 2016 #38
    Options
    LiseA said:

Speech is OK but will always

Speech is OK but will always be altered. I swallow fine and eating everything again. Taste and texture is not the same, of course. But at least I can eat.

• RottiesMom
    edited October 2016 #39
    Options
    Prayers

I will keep you in my prayers that everything goes well on Friday.

Joanne

• LiseA
    edited October 2016 #40
    Options
    Thinking of you, Steven.  You

Thinking of you, Steven.  You've been on my mind a lot lately. Hoping this is the last surgery you'll need.  

• RottiesMom
    Options
    Continued prayers

I hope everything went well today!!!

Joanne