My Catch 22 and Advice ASAP
Thanks for all the great advice that other people on this group have given to me. The shorter version of it is that:
1) I have had CT scan, needle biopsy of lymph node, Pet CT scan (8/17), MRI and Biopsy at the base of the tongue (8/30/16)
2) Based on this my Medical & Rad ocologist have both said I am at stage 4b, even though the tumor size is 2 cm in diameter
and I have no symptoms besides my neck lymph nodes that are swollen. Upon me asking them how long before it goes to stage
4c, both oncologists have told me it can be 1 week from now or 2 months.
The Rad. Oncologist told me about seeing my dentist for my teeth. He told me to "ask my dentist any tooth that he thinks is hopeless
shold be exrtracted befor Radiation can start." I am tenatively for a PET CT Scan on 9/20/16 to make the mask. I am the one who
decides to keep it or cacel it.
3) I saw my dentist on 9/16/16 and he told me all of the teeth are OK, but due to incurable bone loss there is 1 tooth that he can
guarntee for 6 month, but not any longer. He said if my oncos and I were not concerned about 4b to 4c jump he would extract it,
but he said it willtake at least 1 week or perhaps 2 for the wound at site of extraction to heal fully. He added if I take proper care
of that tooth (especially rinsing with Periogard and Biotine), it will prevent further bone loss and I may last for an indefinite period of time.
Now the dilema is shorter and clearer.
4) I will have to let Rad onco know by 9/19/16 wheter I want to start treatment (PET scan on 9/20) or 1st do any teeth business.
Any furrther advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all of you
- All Discussion Boards
- 6 CSN Information
- 6 Welcome to CSN
- 120.8K Cancer specific
- 2.8K Anal Cancer
- 440 Bladder Cancer
- 304 Bone Cancers
- 1.6K Brain Cancer
- 28.4K Breast Cancer
- 388 Childhood Cancers
- 27.8K Colorectal Cancer
- 4.6K Esophageal Cancer
- 1.1K Gynecological Cancers (other than ovarian and uterine)
- 12.8K Head and Neck Cancer
- 6.3K Kidney Cancer
- 660 Leukemia
- 779 Liver Cancer
- 4.1K Lung Cancer
- 5K Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin)
- 232 Multiple Myeloma
- 7.1K Ovarian Cancer
- 47 Pancreatic Cancer
- 485 Peritoneal Cancer
- 5.2K Prostate Cancer
- 1.2K Rare and Other Cancers
- 531 Sarcoma
- 706 Skin Cancer
- 643 Stomach Cancer
- 190 Testicular Cancer
- 1.5K Thyroid Cancer
- 5.8K Uterine/Endometrial Cancer
- 6.3K Other Discussion Boards