Newly Diagnosed, Have Some ?'s

Hi there, 

I was just diagnosed with Bladder Cancer on Wed (2 days ago). I have a low grade, non-invasive Stage 1, I believe. I have to get checked every 3 months. What can I do and what should I not be doing? For ex., can I clean my cat litter boxes, feed the backyard birds, collect leaves to compost & clean up back yard? Do I have a weakneed immune system now, must I stay away from "germs"? This is a serious question, can I clean up random wild cat poop in backyard or NO! Thank you loads!

Comments

• u4art
    u4art Member Posts: 52
    No, having bladder cance does

No, having bladder cance does not mean you have a weakend imune system.

You can get a a virus from breathing the fecies airborn particles when cleaning your cat' litter box INSIDE a room. ( outisde is not an issue)

Take your normal precautions cleaning up cat poop.

You'll be fine .... don't over-react .....common sense should always rule

(27 yr bladder cancer survivor, 1y yr kidney end stage renal failure survivor)

• Angelisea
    Angelisea Member Posts: 5
    U4art

Thank You very much!  :v)

• lulu111
    lulu111 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016 #4
    bladder cancer metasisized to lung

My husband has bladder cancer that has metsasixed to his lung.He gets chemo 2wkks on and one week off.Cistiplain and gemzar. Does this sound like a resonable therapy?

• GingerMay
    GingerMay Member Posts: 134
    lulu111 said:

bladder cancer metasisized to lung

My husband has bladder cancer that has metsasixed to his lung.He gets chemo 2wkks on and one week off.Cistiplain and gemzar. Does this sound like a resonable therapy?

Sorry, hope he is OK

Sorry to hear of the diagnosis, but hope your husband is OK.  I am not sure about whether it is a reasonable therapy.  I am new to all of this myself, and only know what I read, or what the direct doctor and surgeon say.  I have been told all people react somewhat differently to treatment.  I have read that even if bladder cancer spreads to other areas, it is still considered as the cancer where it originated - bladder cancer.  I have found the Cleveland Clinic website to be helpful and other sites that end with "org", not "com".  I suggest get a 2nd opinion if you have not already done so, and just keep reading and getting more informed.  I am wishing all the best to you.