Feeling alone, family not helping

Options
2»

Comments

• Moped7946
    Moped7946 Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel a little lonely too...

and I am sorry so many others have to take this journey...someone wrote that he (or she) is the one who takes that needle for chemo and gets in the radation tube alone...and that is true...and it is a life-changing thing to go through this. this is a great place to come for support and information even if you mostly read about what others are experiencing. one thing that I have not done and probably NEED to do is find a local support group and check it out. just a thought. hang in there!!!

• cat57
    cat57 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    ditto....also lonely

i was just recently diagnosed....only abt 3 weeks ago. I have since been getting rusged around to different appts and tests. My husband has shown no involvement...no offering to go to appts with me, or to even ask about appointments.I am not even sure he knows what I have!! I dont want sympathy, but GEEZ.. I am also a long time chronic pain patient who is being weaned off all my pain meds (mandated by law here!), and with the discomfort ihave been in from my cancer for months and months (w/o knowing what it was from) I would just like someone to talk to...to help me out as I struggle to continue taking care of a home and family when I can barely move......someone to just show they care, for crying out loud. I worry about how things will be after my surgery!! I agree with you, slowgardner..."I want to live with some calm and peace and dignity"..to get through all this as best as I can .