Options
2»

Comments

• Sonja.K
    Sonja.K Member Posts: 79 Member
    edited October 2016 #22
    Options
    Matt

I am so happy to hear your great news.  Your advice and humor helped me during treatment and I know you are inspiring to many people on this journey.  Thank you.  

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    edited October 2016 #23
    Options
    Congratulations Matt

A very sincere Congratulations to your 4.5 years. I truly am so happy for you. I just had my 3 year NED.

Bill

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Thumbs Up!

Congratulations Matt! I'm inspired and quite pleased at this post! May Mr. NED be present at all your future checkups!

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

• josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    edited October 2016 #25
    Options
    Better late...

Hi Matt, A hardy high five on your milestone! You are an inspiration to so many including me. Thanks, josh r.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited October 2016 #26
    Options
    josh r. said:

Better late...

Hi Matt, A hardy high five on your milestone! You are an inspiration to so many including me. Thanks, josh r.

thanks

Josh,

I have always appreciated your example of taking the high road.

Matt

• cz
    cz Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Well done sir...Carry on brother!

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    cz said:

Well done sir...Carry on brother!

Oldtimer

Hi Matt,

I too am one of those who were here when it was during your treatment.  I came aboard after you in Sept of '11.  It's good to see the oldtimers still posting and giving support to those who are new here.  I know I needed all your help when it was  my turn to complain about the treatments.

Congratulations of the NED report. We all know just how important getting the clear light is. Like you, mine hasn't returned yet either, and I am hopeful it never will.  It is out of our hands and all we can do is hope and pray for a decent future.

Rest easy and enjoy the holidays,

Tom

• Mickg01
    Mickg01 Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2016 #29
    Options
    Congratulations

Great to hear more NED reports. I received my 5 Year  ack in May and the Doc told me "Come & see me if you get any symptoms. And, I hope to not see you again!

So far so good.

• LeoS2323
    LeoS2323 Member Posts: 160
    edited December 2016 #30
    Options
    Not Long for us Matt

Hey Matt - well congrats on your 4.5 years NED (although its probably more like 4.7 now...)!

You and I must have got on our respective buses at a very similar time. My original lump appeared in September 2011, but my doctors had a hard time diagnosing me and I actually didn't get the official cancer verdict until March 2012 when they removed my 'cyst', which turned out to have cancer cells in it. So my 5 years is up in March 2017. Technically my primary is still unknown (it was supposed to be in a salivary gland somewhere) but it has never appeared! One more MRI scan to go for me, if thats clear then I'll be officially cured - guess its the same kind of thing for you?

Lets hope we both get there without any drama...Cool

Cheers

Leo

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    4.5 years NED

Matt, great news and congratulations!   I'm a year behind you:)

All the best,

Keith

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited December 2016 #32
    Options
    LeoS2323 said:

Not Long for us Matt

Hey Matt - well congrats on your 4.5 years NED (although its probably more like 4.7 now...)!

You and I must have got on our respective buses at a very similar time. My original lump appeared in September 2011, but my doctors had a hard time diagnosing me and I actually didn't get the official cancer verdict until March 2012 when they removed my 'cyst', which turned out to have cancer cells in it. So my 5 years is up in March 2017. Technically my primary is still unknown (it was supposed to be in a salivary gland somewhere) but it has never appeared! One more MRI scan to go for me, if thats clear then I'll be officially cured - guess its the same kind of thing for you?

Lets hope we both get there without any drama...Cool

Cheers

Leo

heading to 5

Leo,

Lump appreared Nov 11, 2011.

Surgery to remove.

Official, official diagnosis Dec 23, 2011 “you have “cancer”

Rads & Erbitux Jan, Feb & Mar 2012

5 years March 23, 2017.

Less drama ok with me.

MattSmile

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt

That is some wonderful news my friend to hear NED after 4 ½ years. Life is so wonderful and so good, even with all my bad days and good days just being with my grandchildren makes it all worth everything I been through.

Tim

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks

Congratulations and thanks for all your guidance.. bill

• hlrowe
    hlrowe Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2016 #35
    Options
    Awesome!

I'm with ya and slightly over 4.5 yrs NED.

• dunedintech
    dunedintech Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Boom

Matt - awesome work. Keep NEDing.

Happy Christmas to you. 

CPC

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited December 2016 #37
    Options
    NED

Way to go Matt!!!!!!!! It's 7 years today that my surgeon gave me a chin wedgy. Well he never admitted it. But I did ask him when he did the full neck disection if he pilled my neck skin over my chin and bottom lip. He just smiled and looked away.

WOW 4.5 years maybe I will slow up to allow you to catch up.

Life is good

Jeff