Lower Back Pain- Help

dancnbear1
dancnbear1 Member Posts: 86

According to my family the center of my lower back-dead center- has a discolorization and indentation. It is also tendor to the touch. Left Kideny and Renal Gland already removed. right side is still in place chugging along. Stomach feels extremely bloated and I have thumping and burning pain down my legs. When I stand for more than a feew minutes the pain is severe but when I sit down and get off my legs I feel better. I am on an extreme regiment of steriods that has put 100 pounds on my 6'6" frame. Any idea what this pain is from? Is it weight gain or something else.? Recently started a radiation program but pain was in place before and when I started the radaition she took me off of the chemo to give me a rest. Again I had the pain before that as well. Chemo is Cabometyx. Any thoughts?

Jeff

Comments

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited August 2016 #2
    Jeff

Get yourself to a doctor pronto. These should not be problems you have to suffer on your own.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    I agree

with Stomps.  Get into your doc, or at least place a call. 

I'll be praying for you, please let us know how things go,

Donna~

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Yes, please see a doctor. It

Yes, please see a doctor. It's very possible that the extra 100 pounds are doing it but you want to rule out anything else.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    edited September 2016 #5
    The funk

It seems that this whole process comes with highs and lows and sometimes it seems everything goes south at the same time. Sometimes it is like being targeted in a dodge ball contest. I will tell you that sometimes all the tumor growth and SE's happen at the same time. It is like being a prisoner subjected to bullies. Sometimes it's the pain, or weakness, or foot sores, nausea, respiratory or cardiac complications. Many times I have  been convinced that I will not make it another week. The one thing I try to do is stay involved. I make plans. I set some goals. And so far....knock on wood,....it helps me focus. Old projects are being completed. I have a sense of accomplishment that my healthy friends don't have. Hang in there buddy. We'll talk about this again in a year or so.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm with the rest of the guys

I'm with the rest of the guys - please check with your doc. I guess it is weight gain, but better check. Please keep us posted!

• dancnbear1
    dancnbear1 Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2016 #7
    Back Pain-Update

The pain in my back became so severe I called my doctor who made me come in to the Hospital. They wound up admitting me and ran a bunch of tests. End result severe dehydration, proteint levels out of wack, biliruben levels out of wack, and retaining a large quantity of fluid in my legs/ankles/feet. I was running a 100 degree temp (nothing major) that they caught early by giving me some anti biotics and upped my steriods for a day or two. The CT scan showed no signs of new growth or disc issues. Did run a test that showed I had no blockage in my system but I was very constipated. Their thought was to get my system going again and it would "work its way out". Still have bad pain levels and could have stayed in Hospital for another day or so but I wanted to get out of there so they let me go. End result severe constipation and early signs of a virus which is bad for me since I no longer have a working adrenal glan to lean on and no new growth to my back area other then what his growing in my right hip which did show signs of some small growth but nothing to cause that level of pain.

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Dancinbear

Good luck. I hope it works itself out.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    edited September 2016 #9
    So sorry Dancnbear

I will be praying for you.....for relief of pain, for the dam in your bowels to break loose and just that you start feeling better in general. 

I find it helpful to keep a water bottle with me, pretty much all the time, makes me more conscious of the need to hydrate. 

I hope you start feeling better very soon and thank you for the update.

Donna~

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Glad to hear they figured it

Glad to hear they figured it out and you're on your way to having things work out. Weird how we can be retaining water AND be dehydrated, but there's our bodies for ya. 

Take care,

Jerzy