Dad

Options

I try really hard to hold it together for you. Some days I fail. I really hope that you do not realize how many times I walk out of the room to regain my composure.

I watch you fight for your life. I am so proud of how strong you are. 

I can only imagine what it must be like to be you right now. 

I will never forget the day you looked at me for support. The day you asked me if I thought you were going to make it through this. 

The day I smiled at you and said.. "yes Dad, you will make it through this. It will not be an easy journey, but you will make it"

I know you feel guilty for taking so much of my time. I know you feel bad that your Daughter is taking care of you.

I am a parent too. I understand these feelings you have. 

I just hope you understand the feelings I have. 

You Dad are worth every second I spend taking care of you, every sleepless night. 

I love you Dad! We will make it through this together.

Comments

• SpTeach
    SpTeach Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Beautiful

Thank You for a beautiful sentiment.  It brought tears to my eyes.  My father passed away 28 years ago from Lung/Brain cancer and I still grieve to this day.  This really touched my heart!

Doug

• Psjeepster
    Psjeepster Member Posts: 63
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss

I am so sorry for your loss Doug. 

28 yrs, 28 days, 28 hours... seems to make no difference. It is hard to loose a parent. My heart goes out to you.

I lost Mom 18 yrs ago to lupus. I was going to get married that year on Halloween. Mom passed on October 18th. Needless to say I was unable to get married on halloween. So instead I chose to get married on what would of been Mom's 54th birthday. I miss her every day.

• GingerMay
    GingerMay Member Posts: 134
    edited September 2016 #4
    Options
    The title "dad" touched my heart

There's so much emotion wrapped up in that word.  It seems as though you have a great relationship with your dad.  What a blessing for both of you.  It is heartbreaking when parents become ill.  Your seem like a wonderful daughter.    

Please remember to take care of yourself too.  It is very easy to put our own lives "on hold" as we care for our parents.  However, please remember to get sleep, exercise, eat healthy foods, and take time to still be present in your own lilfe - even if only for a few minutes or hours.  And if you have to cry when you are alone, that's OK.       

I am wishing you all the best, strength and peace.  

• Grace3k
    Grace3k Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2017 #5
    Options
    <3</b>
    <3