Old post about wristbands just gave me such an idea.....5 year survival -celebrating 46-3/4

Options
Helen321
Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
edited August 2016 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I'll be celebrating turning 46-3/4 this September as my 5 years survival.  My grandson just turned 4 and I'm 3.5 years NED.  I remember the day my grandson was born was filled with such strange, mixed emotions.  My cancer had just returned and I was about to start my chemo  I told my family that if I live to be 47 then I'll celebrate with a party, who needs 50?!?!!  So here we go...... I'll be doing a Color Run (walking since I can't run anymore- not sure I can walk 3 miles on these heels but I intend to try) and that post just gave me the best idea.  Rainbow colored tube socks!  And I think I'll make myself a nice sash too!  Can't wait.  September 3 at the Aviator Center in Brooklyn, NY!  9:30 AM.  If you're in town and able, buy a ticket and join TEAM LIVING COLOR (thecolorrun.com).  It was bumpy road but I'm here.......celebrating life!  46-3/4 woooo hoooo!  

For those still in the fight, unable to make it, I'll be thinking about you and routing for you the whole walk.  Keep on fighting!  There is life after cancer.

Comments

• ellend
    ellend Member Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you go!

Congratulations on your 5 year survival anniversary! Have fun at the run, sounds like you are doing things to make you feel good about it. I hope your feet hold out.

Ellen

• Helen321
    Options
    Thanks Ellen! I am so glad to

Thanks Ellen! I am so glad to still be here. It's so bitter sweet for all the people who helped me get to this point who are no longer here. I love them dearly. My world is crashing less and less and I have my ups and downs with this new body but more up days than down.. If I can't walk the full 3 miles I'll just have to roll! Lol I can't wait. 46-3/4 here I come. 

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    How did it go?

How was the run? Details please..... 

Lin

Keep surviving! Grandchildren are such a blessing, aren't they?

• Helen321
    edited September 2016 #5
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm seeing this on

I'm sorry I'm seeing this on the same day as I read about your brother. I am deeply saddened for you. Life just doesn't make sense at all some days. Our run or in our case walk was absolutely beautiful. We got 70 degree weather with the coolest breeze anyone could ask for and we walked hopped skipped and jumped in a rainbow of colors. It was an absolutely awesome day. Grandbabies are like magic.