Another Wednesday, another scan...

Options
13»

Comments

• Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Very Positive overall!

Stomps,   Sounds good overall the one big one can be dealt with in a number of potential ways.   Best wishes for continued success!

Jack

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    The PLAN

I'm going to carry on with Nivomulab, which mostly seems to be doing its job, and they are going to very aggressively zap my big lump (which seeing as its a Metastatic offspring from my original lump, which I named Darth, must be called luke). They are hoping not to damage my lungs or my heart, to which apparently Luke is close. They are hoping to annihilate Luke and they are dreaming that Luke in his despair and crisis will stimulate antibodies from all his little polyps which will then be attacked by the Nivolumab leaving me cancer free.

This is all pretty new and they are working in concert with other oncologists around the world to see if it will work. After my reaction to IL2 and other stuff, they said that I have "What we call quite a biology!" (a joke). Make of that what you will.

Another scan on Wednesday to fix an aim on Luke (a moving target) whilst avoiding my heart (another moving target). We start the treatment on the 29th.

Its all terribly exciting.

• sblairc
    sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
    Options

The PLAN

I'm going to carry on with Nivomulab, which mostly seems to be doing its job, and they are going to very aggressively zap my big lump (which seeing as its a Metastatic offspring from my original lump, which I named Darth, must be called luke). They are hoping not to damage my lungs or my heart, to which apparently Luke is close. They are hoping to annihilate Luke and they are dreaming that Luke in his despair and crisis will stimulate antibodies from all his little polyps which will then be attacked by the Nivolumab leaving me cancer free.

This is all pretty new and they are working in concert with other oncologists around the world to see if it will work. After my reaction to IL2 and other stuff, they said that I have "What we call quite a biology!" (a joke). Make of that what you will.

Another scan on Wednesday to fix an aim on Luke (a moving target) whilst avoiding my heart (another moving target). We start the treatment on the 29th.

Its all terribly exciting.

This approach with Radiation and immunotherapy is cool and new

I've been to a conference about the new uses of sterotactic radiation and it having a more durable effect than simply beyond the zapping. GOOD LUCK!!! I have heard great things about this emerging use of radation. 

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Best wishes Stomper

Been thinking of you and praying for you as well.  And here's to a Luke send-off into the wild blue.

Donna~

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    edited August 2016 #46
    Options
    abscopal effect

I was counting on the abscopal effect but my body had other plans. Go get'm stomps. How's the hip?

• Footstomper
    Options
    foxhd said:

abscopal effect

I was counting on the abscopal effect but my body had other plans. Go get'm stomps. How's the hip?

Hip

Itchy! Unless I cough or sneeze at which point the pain literally throws me across the room. Splendid scar tho'!

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Hip

Itchy! Unless I cough or sneeze at which point the pain literally throws me across the room. Splendid scar tho'!

Yikes!

Yikes, Footstomper -- !

Hope when you do that, you are wearing your extra-padded lounge-wear.  That's some kind of LOCO-motion Surprised !

• cheatinlil
    cheatinlil Member Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about

I'm so sorry to hear about the new met :(  You have a great attitude.  My prayers are with you! I love the names you gave them...may the force be with you!  You are a great encouragement around here.  We need you! Keep posting!

• Footstomper
    Options
    Dont fret Lil

I aint planning on going nowhere!