hope4cancer institute

Options
JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

This is their link http://www.hope4cancer.com/. Once again on my Facebook I'm being sent a GoFundMe for money to send a cancer patient to this place. I can find articles with people who swear by it and articles where it's called a hoax. I haven't donated to any of these attempts to get funding for this because I don't believe in it. But I'm a skeptic.

I feel bad because I don't respond in any way but I feel like I'm not doing them any favours by not saying anything if it really is a scam and they're just going to waste money that could be better spent on other things. But at the same time I don't want to take away hope, that's just cruel.

I get so angry at those who prey on vulnerable people who are desperate for hope and an attempt at a cure. This place is very expensive. The latest GoFundMe is looking for almost fifty thousand dollars for the treatment. If it was a few thousand I'd feel like if it buys someone hope and works a s a placebo and makes them feel better for a while then it's worth it but almost fifty grand!! That's financially crippling! But if it actually worked it's well worth it for life.

Jan

Comments

• John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited July 2016 #2
    Options
    Wow. 50k

Wow. 50k

Re:
    "This place is very expensive. The latest GoFundMe is looking for almost fifty thousand dollars for the treatment. If it was a few thousand I'd feel like if it buys someone hope and works a s a placebo and makes them feel better for a while then it's worth it"

To me, a "few thousand" mind as well be 50 thousand. And if it's a placebo, even for a buck, it isn't worth the time or effort.

It really isn't the money that's so terrible to lose, it's the optimism; the hopes that good results will happen. Losing that optimistic dream can set one back so far in spirit, that even a worthwhile remedy will be disregarded.

There are indeed other ways to fight cancer. No "cures" as far as I know, but there are other modalities that can work better than the present "mainstream" therapies that can be very debilitating as well as expensive.

When a treatment is expensive, it's often a scam. Some treatments that actually work cost very little. Unfortunately, most patients are afraid to try anything other than mainstream medications, until the treatments are found to not be working for them. Then they try the "alternatives" at any price, often spending small fortunes, only to find out that the new "alternative" is failing them also.

Both my surgeons felt that what I had used from 2006 to late 2008 (or 09? can't remember) had worked well for me. But regardless of what you use, conventional or "different", cancer can still return. There simply is no cure for cancer. The surgeons had said exactly what I've always felt: If it slows down or stops the cancer until you die of something else, be thankful. (haha).

(In my case, I told my newest surgeon that I wish I hadn't stopped taking what I used years back. He said that it doesn't matter what one takes, chemo, radiation, Chinese Medicine, it just doesn't matter. Cancer can return and kill you anyway.)

If anyone desires to try something "different", don't spend a lot for your quest; it's not necessary to. Read my "blog" here, or go to the web link (name and pass is listed).

Will what I used work for anyone else? Maybe, maybe not. It's helped a few billion people for a few thousand years, but no "proof" for those that don't care. But it's not a "cure". There are no "cures". It was very inexpensive and can be used along with any other treatment without a problem. If anyone isn't doing well with their present treatment, it might be worth looking into. And, as I said, you don't have to choose between what you're doing and what I used, you can do both.

And there were two gals here (Scouty (lisa) is one), who have used juicing in their fight. The "Champion" juicer will get juice from a brick, and can be purchased used, on line,  for around $100 or so. They've had great luck with juicing, and others have also! It's not "expensive" to do, and can have great benefits. And that too, can be used along with "conventional therapy".

Spending a "few thousand" or more than fifty thousand is not necessary. If I had that kind of money to burn, I would donate it to individuals that need it more than me.

Wishing everyone well,

John

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    edited July 2016 #3
    Options
    Thanks John. I've read that

Thanks John. I've read that the number one cure for cancer is surgery and anything else is secondary. I've mentioned on here before about my grandmother that had colon cancer in the 1950s and only had surgery, nothing lese and lived another 30 plus years and passed away at 84 and didn't die from cancer.

This latest woman that the GoFundMe is for has been battling it for ten years and started out with breast cancer. She's doing this is a last attempt as she's gotten much worse in the last while. That's another reason I think it's a waste of time and money. If something like this does work you can't wait until the last minute to try it.

I've chosen to say nothing or to respond. I'll continue to do that when I get these posts. I suspect that people think that I'd be all over it under the circumstances but they don't know my thoughts.

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited July 2016 #4
    Options
    helping the most

If you don't know for sure, skip it - save it for (some)one you are confident of.  Those gifts are precious dollars that won't be refunded...

The place to help the "system" is in the first month or so of diagnosis.   Most people do essentially nothing biologically significant before surgery or radiation.  Probably if they did the baby aspirin (off x days before), cimetidine with megavitamin C and D3, they would start to change their postsurgical prospects some percentage for a few dollars.   

Also the NCCN / ASCO ideas of baseline bloodwork is a deadly joke that could be greatly improved  for a few bucks, based on Medicare prices.