Uncle Buddy is soaring with the angels!

UncleBuddy
UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
edited July 2016 in Colorectal Cancer #1

It is with great sadness that I annouce the passing of my sweet brother. He passed away at home yesterday. I will be back once I can pull myself together. Hugs to all!

Lin

Comments

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    edited July 2016 #2
    Hugs Lin.  I'm very sorry.  

Hugs Lin.  I'm very sorry.   I hope your dad is okay.   Know that you did more for him than many siblings would have.  You were great support for him. 

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    edited July 2016 #3
    So Sorry, Lin

Even when you  expect it,  the death of a loved one is  hard to deal with. My thoughts are with you and your family.

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    edited July 2016 #4
    Oh no, I'm so very sorry Lin.

Oh no, I'm so very sorry Lin. I hope you are able to find strength and peace. Big hugs.

Jan

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2016 #5
    Sincere condolances

I know you are heart broken about your brother's passing. 

You did a wonderful job of seeing to his needs both physically and emotionally.

I hope that you and your family can find healing in the memories you shared with him.

I especially hope that your father can handle not only the loss of his son, but also the loss of his home-mate. 

Hugs and prayers for you all,

Marie who loves kitties

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited July 2016 #6
    Lin

I am so very sorry. You are in my thoughts. May this Irish blessing be of some comfort.

May the road rise to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

the rains fall soft upon your fields and,

until we meet again, may God hold you in

the palm of his hand.

Take care,

Karen

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited July 2016 #7
    Lin, I'm so sorry. Buddy's at

Lin, I'm so sorry. Buddy's at peace, now I hope you and your family can find some.......................................Dave

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited July 2016 #8
    Sweet Lin

beloved and caring sister. My heart weeps with you at this time.  

Your brother will forever be with you, and I do hope that soon, the memories will be of the wonderful years and not his years of struggling with the Cancers. 

You have my heart, dear forum and FB friend. 

SUE

• MS2014
    MS2014 Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2016 #9
    Very Sorry

So sorry to read about the passing of your beloved brother

You must be proud of everything you did for him. Unfortunatelly sometimes our efforts can't stop what is inevitable.

I truly know you will take care of your family but please Take care of yourself

Big hughs to you and your family

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    edited July 2016 #10
    MS2014 said:

Very Sorry

So sorry to read about the passing of your beloved brother

You must be proud of everything you did for him. Unfortunatelly sometimes our efforts can't stop what is inevitable.

I truly know you will take care of your family but please Take care of yourself

Big hughs to you and your family

Lin, I am so sorry.  Everyone

Lin, I am so sorry.  Everyone should be blessed with a sister like you. May you know peace and strength these difficult days.

hugs,

CM

• UncleBuddy
    Thank you!

It has been rough. The wake is Monday and the funeral is Tuesday. The hardest part was looking for photos for the funeral home to put on their website. It's amazing that I'm not in any of the pics because I'm always the one behind the camera.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. I will post soon and tell you all that has happened.

Lin

• vtspa6
    vtspa6 Member Posts: 172
    Truly sorry for your loss. 

Truly sorry for your loss.  He is at peace.

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Peace

Lin, I'm so sorry to read about your brother.  I'm glad you were able to keep him home and I'm sure he was peaceful there with his family at his side.  You did a great job taking care of him. 

Linda

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    So Sorry

I am so sorry for your loss.  You are a wonderful caregiver. May you all have peace.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Dear Lin,

Dear Lin,

My sincere condolences on the passing of your dear brother.  I know that he meant the world to you, but please take some comfort that he's no longer in pain.  You were an extraordinary caregiver to him and I'm certain that he appreciated everything that you did for him.

With sympathy,

Cynthia

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited July 2016 #16
    Sorry

Sorry to hear that.  You took very good care of him and pray that you have comfort during this difficult time.  Kim

• traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    edited July 2016 #17
    with sympathy

Lin, Your brother fought well and you were a huge help to him.  He's at rest now and I hope you take comfort in that.  I hope you find peace in the many happy memories you have of him.  Traci

• UncleBuddy
    Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words. It has been very difficult. On top of losing my brother, we're trying to figure out what to do about dad. We found a great assisted living facility near us, but it will take some time to get him in there. My sister and I have been taking turns staying with him but today we have the same aide who cared for my brother coming in to help dad. I hope it's comfort for him. dad and my brother both loved him.

Once I can put more than a few sentences together without crying, I will come back. For now, I need a little happiness. I'm heading to see my granddaughters later. 

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I'm so sorry, Lin.

May the passage of time bring with it a little peace to you and your family. I know the memories you have of a wonderful brother will help.

Big hugs~AA

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    edited August 2016 #20
    So sorry for your loss Lin.

So sorry for your loss Lin. Sending love, light, and prayers your way. May love overflow on you during this difficult time. 

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member

Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words. It has been very difficult. On top of losing my brother, we're trying to figure out what to do about dad. We found a great assisted living facility near us, but it will take some time to get him in there. My sister and I have been taking turns staying with him but today we have the same aide who cared for my brother coming in to help dad. I hope it's comfort for him. dad and my brother both loved him.

Once I can put more than a few sentences together without crying, I will come back. For now, I need a little happiness. I'm heading to see my granddaughters later. 

Sorry

I just learned of your brother's passing. As you said he is with the angels! God bless your family.