Hard day

Heyker
Heyker Member Posts: 36

Have you ever been surrounded by people you love and they are here for you but you still just feel alone? Today is just one of those days 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited July 2016 #2
    Normal

Heyker,

Those kind of days happen after you are nephed. People who have not been nephed don't really understand.

Icemantoo

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Yup

I don't comment a lot but I do read this board everyday .  I also am very close to my family and have a good very close friend that we share everything.  BUT I also feel that way, that's why I read the board and new posts sometimes several times a day. Makes me feel like someone else understands what I'm going through.  I have a problem with the uncertainty.  It has gotten better but my 6 month scan is in August and Im already dreading it.

Kim

• johnb1964
    johnb1964 Member Posts: 14
    Yes I feel the same way.   I

Yes I feel the same way.   I listen to the conversation but don't feel part of anything. 

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    Oh God yes!

Was it Satre who said hell is other people. He was almost totally wrong. I think that, for me anyway, that this is why this site exists. We've been through Cancer and know how it feels as far as anyone can.

I'm reminded of my Uncle Stan who was a british Commando during WWII.  About 10 years after the war he went back to northern Italy where he saw the hardest fighting of the war. Whilst there he met a German also walking the battlefields. They realised they had been trying to kill each other for severay months in 1943/4.

They became very close friends for life. They each had a different experience of the same thing. Anyone who wasnt there will never know or understand the experience like they did. 

Thats what this site is like. Sorta. Well for me anyway.

• Pandabear1011
    Pandabear1011 Member Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2016 #6
    Yep!!

Yes, a lot actually! That's why I read and contribute when I can to this site and others. It helps to interact with people who do get it.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Absolutely!!

Definitely can identify with feeling alone.  As many have said, that's why I come here so often.  Only my friends here know how it feels, firsthand.  Sometimes that's what makes the difference.

Hopefully, all these entries from everyone here will help to ease your lonely feelings.

Donna~

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    edited July 2016 #8
    this is

a place where people understand first hand what having kidney cancer is about. Please don't ever feel alone. We do this together.

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Yes. As others have said, no

Yes. As others have said, no matter how much your family and friends love you and are there for you unless they've gone through it it's hard to understand what this does to your head, body, and emotions.

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    I hear you! That is exactly how I feel

and what visiting and posting in this site, reading your comments, stories, experiences, fears and joys means for me and does for me.

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited July 2016 #11
    A Unanimous verdict!

It's not just the first round-surgery-chemo-radiation-immuno/targeted therapies.  First is being told you'll be OK.  Then if it pops up somewhere else, there's more stress and dealing with it.  The bodily reactions to whatever is being done to you...and what it does to the ol' bod.  Then when you seem to be surviving.

Their mind set is totally not the same.  To give an example, I had a college roommate over 50 years ago, who moved back to this state; and I see her every year or so.  I get a big hug, then she backs up and looks me in the eyes, and says firmly, "and how are you doing."  The Supreme Court couldn't do a better job of grilling me.

They want to know, they want to understand; but unless they've been in almost the same shoes, they don't.  Even other types of cancer cannot be compared because kidney cancer is an odd duck.

Just know that we are thinking of you and there are a bunch of us who relate to being out in far center field picking daisies.

Hugs,

donna_lee

• Kangaroorex
    Kangaroorex Member Posts: 47 Member
    I feel the same way

You get surrounded by people who want to help and want to understand but have no real idea what is going on.  I get the most interesting combination of almost invalid support and high expectations that I sometimes wonder what they really think is wrong with me. 

We just dont seem to fit any mold that exists.  Good luck and know that there are at least a few out there in the same spot.