The Last (?) New York Plan For Individuals For MSK Is Going Away (Oxford)

Options
NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
edited July 2016 in Colorectal Cancer #1

It was pretty much impossible to find a Plan that MSK accepts.  All plans had to be through work - exchange plans and individual plans were not, even if ostensibly the same plan.  The only exception was Oxford (United Health Care) which is now pulling out of individual health insurance in New York.  I am really lucky in that my wife was able to get health insurance a month or so ago which will cover me.  But this really stinks.  As if cancer is not problematic enough.

EDIT:  It looks like there are a couple of exchange plans which do include MSK.  Most do not, but that is good to see.  I know when shopping last year, there were none that I could find.

Comments

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm an Oxford broker, and

I'm an Oxford broker, and this is the first I'm hearing of this.  I have an email in to my Oxford contact to see if I can learn more.  I also want to find out what other plans include MSK.  I'll report back.

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    abrub said:

I'm an Oxford broker, and

I'm an Oxford broker, and this is the first I'm hearing of this.  I have an email in to my Oxford contact to see if I can learn more.  I also want to find out what other plans include MSK.  I'll report back.

Got The Letter

Today saying they were pulling out of individual plans.

Going through this to see this list

https://www.mskcc.org/insurance-assistance/insurance-billing

Seems a couple more options than last year.

• abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member
    edited July 2016 #4
    Options
    NewHere said:

Got The Letter

Today saying they were pulling out of individual plans.

Going through this to see this list

https://www.mskcc.org/insurance-assistance/insurance-billing

Seems a couple more options than last year.

I'm not seeing anything for Individuals

Waiting to hear from my Oxford/UHC contact.  This gets uglier by the day.  I'll post back when I hear something.

Alice