Arimidex

Options
2»

Comments

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    supplements

My MO was very definite about my taking Vit D and getting at least 1200mg of calcium a day, preferably from food but using a supplement if I needed to. I drink 8 oz of Calci Skim milk for breakfast and supper (which has 500 mg per glass) and sometime during the day eat some yogurt or a cheese stick. Weight bearing exercise is also very important to protect the bones. I've been walking a treadmill and pretty much get my 10,000 steps in every day (love my Fitbit) but forgot that I have bones in my arms too! My followup dexascan showed my spine and hips were stable but my arm had changed from osteopenia to osteoporosis. So now I'm doing my arm weight machines more regularly.

• mschaben
    mschaben Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Follow up

hi everyone. It's good to read everyone's advice.  I have been off arimidex for six weeks. Still have bone pain. My onc put me back on it as he said I have to be on something with my risks. He also  said I'm not a "normal " case .. I'm like okay.  I definitely have not been text book from  the beginning .  So i do frustrate him.  But I have to advocate and push for myself.  Talking about second opinion as I'm scared as to why I'm hurting so bad even off the med .. Take care everyone 

• Jules.67
    Jules.67 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    pamcb3 said:

Arimidex

Hi, I can empathize! I couldn't tolerate any of the meds orally. I was told of a new clinical trial using Arimidex ( aromatase inhibitors) with testosterone in a pellet form. My oncologist approved of it. It isn't perfect but it helps me tolerate the meds. The pellets are injected into my hip every three months. My oncology surgeon puts them in. Takes ten minutes tops just an office visit. I made 2 trips to the millennium wellness clinic in Ohio. I saw a Dr. Rebecca Glaser. If it weren't for these pellets I would have chosen not to take any meds..... Good luck to you!!

Arimidex and Testosterone

Hi Pamcb3... I read your post about the T+A pellets you were doing last year with Dr. Glaser's office. I am stage IA..ER+ PR+ HER2-... clear nodes...no chemo.. no mets.  I am contemplating doing the EXACT same thing as you are doing.. the pellets with Dr. Glaser in addition to oral Arimidex perhaps in a smaller dose.  I had experimental neurosurgery for a rare condition in my spine in December 2016 which is still healing slowly.  So the last thing I want to do is take Arimidex to increase bone and nerve pain/damage when I am battling back from that very thing.  I want to do the pellets to strengthen myself while I fight a cancer recurrence... not tear down the work that has been done in my spine. I was wondering if you are still following this course of treatment and how it is going for you?