Books about Cancer journey

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181

wondered if anyone has advise on good books to help get through this nightmare of Cancer.

Comments

• nabpink
    nabpink Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2016 #2
    I was diagnosed only 7 weeks

I was diagnosed only 7 weeks ago and have started treatment. There is so much information out there it can be overwhelming! I read one book that was recommended but it scared the heck out of me! I am currently reading a wonderful book entitled "Waking the Warrior Goddess" by Dr. Christine Horner.  The book has wonderful suggestions as to what you can do for yourself to help fight B/C. I found it very empowering at a time when I was feeling pretty helpless which is really not in my nature.  Wishing you healing and peace in your journey, know that you're not alone, you have become part of an extended family here.

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    edited June 2016 #3
    Take a look at my Resources page

Pat,

I have about a half-dozen book recommendations on my Resources page:

<-----  Click on TraciInLA, to the left here, then click on Resources at the top of my page.

Hope some of them are helpful to you!

Traci

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Take a look at my Resources page

Pat,

I have about a half-dozen book recommendations on my Resources page:

<-----  Click on TraciInLA, to the left here, then click on Resources at the top of my page.

Hope some of them are helpful to you!

Traci

Also, don't forget ACS

Also, be sure to give the American Cancer Society a call -- they have great booklets, brochures and other materials that they're happy to mail to you, free of charge.

Traci

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member
    Light, but informative

I read "Bald is Better with Earrings".  It was given to me as a gift with a beautiful pair of earrings that I wore to every treatment and doctor's appointment.