feeling a heaviness in my legs

janaes
janaes Member Posts: 799 Member

What do you think?  I was feeling really pretty good but the the las few days I have been feeling a heaviness in my legs.  Im not sure what it is.  Im not even sure how to describe it.  I was going to post on here the last few but didnt.  Two days ago i started going for a walk hoping it would help and then yesterday i went for a longer walk (two times around my block).  I still have it.  I dont think it is bone pain because i felt that pretty much went away after day five.  I Didnt think it was neropathy.  It doesnt feel like a numbness like in my fingers.  I hear others talk about bonemarrow or something.  Im not sure if thats it.  Could you guys help with your experience.  Is there something I can do.  I have my next chemo teatment a week from tuesday and want to be ready for that.  Thanks so much for all your support

Comments

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    I messaged my oncologist

I messaged my oncologist group and since I had a blood clot 8 years ago, they ordered a Doppler on my leg. Fortunately, I did not have a clot and the feeling has mostly gone away.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Sorry I can't help.  I just

Sorry I can't help.  I just had the bone and muscle pains in my legs.  I hope it gets better!!!

Love,

Eldri

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    I could barely pick up my legs

I experienced anemia from severe blood loss before being diagnosed with cancer. During that time there were days when I could barely pick up my legs to move. Not sure if it's the same feeling you're experiencing? Since the chemo can affect your red blood cell counts, it could be something similar. Have you called your oncologist's office to let them know?

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Kvdyson said:

I could barely pick up my legs

I experienced anemia from severe blood loss before being diagnosed with cancer. During that time there were days when I could barely pick up my legs to move. Not sure if it's the same feeling you're experiencing? Since the chemo can affect your red blood cell counts, it could be something similar. Have you called your oncologist's office to let them know?

Kvdyson,  I havent called the

Kvdyson,  I havent called the oncoligist office yet.  I figured they werent there on the weekend and after I posted this I realized since my constipation had gotten better I stopped drinking the amount of fluids I was doing before for about two or three days.  I was thinking that might be my problem.  Im not sure what drinking fluids do other than help with constipation.  So yesterday i drank way more water.  as much as I was before.  Boy was I in denial.  Other than my neuropathy, i was feeling really pretty good and thought I could goback to how it was before cancer.  Nop!!!!.  I think im going to continue drinking today really good and if I Ifeel that heaviness tonight i will call tomarrow.  It wasnt as bad yesterday and Im okay this morning. 

I had pretty big blood clots before I was diagnosed with cancer.  I was checked for amenia then and didnt have it.