Go to the doctor?

mrcsbud2
mrcsbud2 Member Posts: 21

Ok well I've been here before, last year I was worried I had kidney cancer due to microscopic blood in urine  bilateral flank pain and pain in the back and stomach. Well after seeing my doctor and getting a ultrasound he said everything is in working order. After being told that the flank pains and what not all seemed to go away except certain days I lift or sleep wrong ect. Fast forward to today.

I was at work just to go pee and I went and as I'm about to flush (I was texting so not looking) I noticed blood right above the water on the bowl part. It was bright red and all i thought was rmc..now IDK if it was mine or not. I do know I flushed the toilet before I went to the bathroom cause there was tp in there so i didn't look to see. I'm not sure if a female employee was in there before me or what not. As gross as it sounds I wiped too see if the blood was fresh and while some of it came off not all of it did until I flushed again. I've been so paranoid I've been going to the bathroom every 20 min to check and I've been peeing normal pale color. The kidney cAncer I am referring to btw is renal medulla r you carcinoma.

As of now I feel great, I've not lost any weight, I always have an appetite and while I do get tired, I have a toddler who doesn't let me sleep.

Comments

• mrcsbud2
    Also there was a tampon in

Also there was a tampon in the trash. So I'm just confused weather or not to be worried. BTW as I was peeing it was clear/pale yellow in the toilet. The urine did not look red

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I doubt it was yours because

I doubt it was yours because when I started peeing blood it lasted for hours. At least 5 or 6. So it's unlikely that you would have peed bright red blood just that on time. But if it would give you peace of mind you should see the urologist. To me it's worth it not to worry.

• mrcsbud2
    APny said:

I doubt it was yours because

I doubt it was yours because when I started peeing blood it lasted for hours. At least 5 or 6. So it's unlikely that you would have peed bright red blood just that on time. But if it would give you peace of mind you should see the urologist. To me it's worth it not to worry.

I've been checking like crazy

I've been checking like crazy. Would of the water been tinged red if it was mine? Because the water was pale yellow and at the top of the bowl (where us males dribble a little) is where it was red. IDK but I would think the blood would have come with the stream and maybe even some after right? Again I have checked at least 20 times and my urine has been pale or yellow.  I guess I'm more freaked because I flushed the toilet before I even went to pee but I never looked down too see

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2016 #5
    mrcsbud2 said:

I've been checking like crazy

I've been checking like crazy. Would of the water been tinged red if it was mine? Because the water was pale yellow and at the top of the bowl (where us males dribble a little) is where it was red. IDK but I would think the blood would have come with the stream and maybe even some after right? Again I have checked at least 20 times and my urine has been pale or yellow.  I guess I'm more freaked because I flushed the toilet before I even went to pee but I never looked down too see

When I peed blood

I peed unmistakeable blood. It you are peeing a little bit of blood you might have kidney stones. Either way you should not be asking here.

Go ask a Doctor and then tell us how you got on.

• mrcsbud2

When I peed blood

I peed unmistakeable blood. It you are peeing a little bit of blood you might have kidney stones. Either way you should not be asking here.

Go ask a Doctor and then tell us how you got on.

Issue is IDK if it was my

Issue is IDK if it was my blood..again it was on the bowl part, I notice when shaking. The water part where I went urine was normal pale color, no red in the toilet

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member
    mrcsbud2 said:

Issue is IDK if it was my

Issue is IDK if it was my blood..again it was on the bowl part, I notice when shaking. The water part where I went urine was normal pale color, no red in the toilet

Doctor

Keep enough for a sample when you get there.

• JoanneNH
    JoanneNH Member Posts: 115
    I have these so I can test

I have these so I can test whenever I want.   I use them to test for urinary tract infections, but last fall I saw some pink-tinged urine.  Tested with the strips and it was positive for blood.   After seeing my doctor and undergoing a cystoscopy, it was decided that the blood was due to some extreme strenuous exercise.   

https://www.amazon.com/Strips-Mission-Parameter-Urinalysis-Multisticks/dp/B00O8TX1IW/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466816760&sr=8-3&keywords=urine+reagent+strips

• mrcsbud2
    JoanneNH said:

I have these so I can test

I have these so I can test whenever I want.   I use them to test for urinary tract infections, but last fall I saw some pink-tinged urine.  Tested with the strips and it was positive for blood.   After seeing my doctor and undergoing a cystoscopy, it was decided that the blood was due to some extreme strenuous exercise.   

https://www.amazon.com/Strips-Mission-Parameter-Urinalysis-Multisticks/dp/B00O8TX1IW/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466816760&sr=8-3&keywords=urine+reagent+strips

I have sickle cell trait

I have sickle cell trait which actually sometimes causes microscopic blood in urine.

But I have a checkup sometime next month and I will bring this up. I'm trying not to worry. I really do think it was someone else blood but again I guess I'm not sure. I have not had any blood in my urine and even when I saw the blood on the bowl it was on the bowl..and it was really bloody so I'm trying to stay calm.