Chemo starts Tuesday

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181

if everything goes ok I start chemo Tues.I have known for few months.But them calling me and telling me it has hit me hard.This my second bout with Cancer and Chemo.I feel like I could cry for hours.dont know if I want to go by myself or not.Before I usually did go by myself.I don't brake down very often In front of people.trying to stay strong.Even though I don't feel very strong right now.Any advice would be appriatted.

Comments

• rutzetta
    rutzetta Member Posts: 174
    Stay Strong

you are in my prayers.

constance

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    edited June 2016 #3
    take a friend

I'd say this is a good time for a friend to go with for some support, at least for first session

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member
    I agree

Dear Pat,

First I am sending lots of prayers and hugs!  Second, do take someone at least to the first session if they are available.  Throughout my treatment I always felt that I did not want to "trouble anyone."  What I found was that I had a few people who really did not know what else to do for me - being my driver/companion was a joy for them. I had a friend who takes care of her elderly parents - it was actually a day out for her!  If someone offers, take them up on their kindness - you may be doing more for them than you think!

blessings!

Kathy

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Do you have someone to tag

Do you have someone to tag along with you?

I have no experince with chemo , but my thoughts are with you and I am sending pixie dust your way.

Denise

• Kiki2016
    Kiki2016 Member Posts: 31
    Don't go alone

I am sorry for what you are going through.  I just finished my six cycles of chemo.  I am very strong and independent and don't want to rely on anybody for help.  On my second chemo my husband wasn't able to wake up early enough to take me and I had to go alone.  It was awful for me.  Even if you feel lousy and/or sleep through most of it having the support of somebody driving you to/from and just being there while you get treatment can reassure you. 

• Kiki2016
    Kiki2016 Member Posts: 31
    Don't go alone

I am sorry for what you are going through.  I just finished my six cycles of chemo.  I am very strong and independent and don't want to rely on anybody for help.  On my second chemo my husband wasn't able to wake up early enough to take me and I had to go alone.  It was awful for me.  Even if you feel lousy and/or sleep through most of it having the support of somebody driving you to/from and just being there while you get treatment can reassure you. 

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    chemo

Hi, I took someone with me for my first chemo treatment.  If I was facing a 2nd cancer I would definitely take someone with me for support.  Your emotions will be a little better than if you were alone.  Praying for your strength, Sharon

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Oh Pat

This is such a hard time for you. I hope you do take a friend, having someone to chat with is a great help while you are waiting around. We are all thinking of you!!

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    edited June 2016 #10
    Pat take someone with you.

My first but with cancer, I was stage 1, was really strong.  Second dx, not so much.  The first time around was rough, but I had to work thru it, was a single mom and couldn't afford time off.  Second time, needed someone with me.  I was in a lot of pain, and mentally not so tough.

I finally accepted that sometimes I need help, and people like helping as much as I needed them.  

I Will be thinking of you Tuesday.  Did you ever find out if it was Ovarian cancer, or metastatic breast cancer? Can't remember if I ever saw the outcome.  Wish you the best.

Hugs and prayers.

Carol

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited June 2016 #11
    A friend

I am sorry you are dealing with this mess again. I recomend you go with someone you can be yourself with. Someone who allows you to be you -- allows you to cry if you want to or scream. Someone who doesn't supress your feelings and expects you to be strong for them. Someone who thinks about your state of mind first. And yes, someone who can cheer you up when you need some love and support.

Please know you're not alone and we'll be thinking of you. One day at a time is how we do it. xo