Triple Negative Breast Cancer

Options
2»

Comments

• 2nu2tnbc
    2nu2tnbc Member Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    vitamin D

Did any of you take vitamin D while on chemo? If so, what dosage? I was already taking vitamin D due to Los levels before diagnosis.

• twnkltoz
    twnkltoz Member Posts: 169 Member
    edited July 2016 #23
    Options
    Make sure you discuss all

Make sure you discuss all supplements with your doctor. Some will interfere with chemo.

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Chemo and Vitamin D

I will definitely have to agree with twnkltoz on this one. Do not take supplements of any kind (even over-the-counter) during chemo without first discussing it with your oncologist. Their usage may be magnified or decreased during chemo. Some supplements will decrease the effectiveness/ absorbtion of the chemo drugs and that is the last thing you would want. 

IRENE

• Dhud77
    Dhud77 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    linpsu said:

TNBC

I also had chemo first with an 8 cm TNBC tumor.  Shrank to .5 cm, then had surgery, 18 nodes removed (1 positive), then radiation.  That was 6 years ago!  I'm doing well, and thankful to be here for my grandkids!  There are a number of us TNBC ladies here; come anytime for questions and hopefully we can help you.

Hugs,

Linda

TNBC

Thank you for the encouragement.  I've finished 3 AC and am anxious about starting Taxol after #4.  Did you recover from all of the side effects, including nerve ending damage?  I'm considering having surgery after the last AC to see if lymph nodes are clear.  Having a hard time understanding why I'll need more chemo if lumpectomy and nodes Are okay.  I dont want to be foolish and take risks (have 3 grandkids) but don't want to do more than is necessary.  Did you have an u,trashing or MRI part way through chemO?  Thank you.

• Dhud77
    Dhud77 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016 #26
    Options

6 Years Later

This upcoming August 2016 will mark 6 years from the date of my last chemo treatment. I have been in complete remission since that time. I have seen my daughter graduate from both high school and college. I've seen my son graduate from college, too. My husband and I have celebrated 6 more wedding anniversaries. All of these have been blessings that I did not expect when I was diagnosed with TNBC. This should show you that a diagnosis of TNBC is not necessarily a death sentence and you can come out on the other side. How is that for hope and inspiration?

As to side effects and permanent damage, that is another story. Since there are so many different chemo cocktails it would be helpful to know what drugs you are going to be given. It would enable the participants of this discussion board (myself included) to determine if our experience has any relevance to yours. Which drugs? How many rounds of those drugs? Spaced how far apart? 

I'm sure many of us who had TNBC would love to help make your journey easier. I look forward to hearing from you.

IRENE

TNBC

I so needed to read this today.  I'm doing neadjuvant AC + T (have had 3/8 far) and am feeling like I can't handle much more.  Scared of Taxol after reading posts.  I, too, am concerned about long term damaging effects of chemo, particularly neuropathy.  I want to live  much longer but also want to be able to enjoy those years.  I'm 62.

• Saima Raja
    Saima Raja Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I was diagnosed with tripple

I was diagnosed with tripple negative in Feburary 2016  tumor size was 3cm had lumpuctomy in March 2016  my lymph nodes were clear had 2 cycles of of chemo 4 sessions in each cycle now going for radiation. Have faith in God and be positive you will make it. 

• Saima Raja
    Saima Raja Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Triple negative

I am 46 years old diagnosed with Tripple negativein feburary 2016 and my tumor was 3cm. In March had my lumpatomy and my Lymph nodes were all clear, had 2 cycles of chemo with 4 sessions in each cycle I am done with chemo on July 18th and now going for radiation. Have faith in God and be positive everything will be fine.

• 2nu2tnbc
    edited August 2016 #29
    Options
    AC

Done with AC....YEAH!!! But it did me in...... more nauseas, bloated,diarhea & fatigue!!! eOn to 12 weekly cycles of Taxol!:( Ready to get her DONE. I return to work on the 8th, which is also my first treatment.  Keep me in your prayers!!! 

• twnkltoz
    Options
    2nu2tnbc said:

AC

Done with AC....YEAH!!! But it did me in...... more nauseas, bloated,diarhea & fatigue!!! eOn to 12 weekly cycles of Taxol!:( Ready to get her DONE. I return to work on the 8th, which is also my first treatment.  Keep me in your prayers!!! 

Congrats on finishing with

Congrats on finishing with the Red Devil! I found Taxol much easier.

• 2nu2tnbc
    edited August 2016 #31
    Options
    twnkltoz said:

Congrats on finishing with

Congrats on finishing with the Red Devil! I found Taxol much easier.

Taxol

I pray it's the same for me.  This last round of AC has left me with NO tastebuds.... don't like food or water!!! I am also nauseas, bloated, slow moving bowels and fatigued.  Can't wait until it's out of my system.  I may have to call for different nausea meds because what I have doesn't seem to work for very long, now that I can't taste anything.  I hate forcing myself to eat & drink!!!!  

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Taxane Chemo

I had 4 rounds of A/C and 12 rounds of Taxotere. That is a Taxane class drug like Taxol. My last treatment was in August 2010. While A/C was no walk in the park I found Taxotere to be far more difficult. Lack of tastebuds and lack of desire to eat, some nausea, diarrhea and excessively watery eyes    made  for a lovely few months. The only long-term side effect for me is the continuing watery eyes. I have consulted an opthamologist as well as an oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon and both said it is a well known but less common side effect of the Taxanes. I strongly suggest discussing this with your oncologist. My understanding is that the permanent damage to the puncta of my eyes could have been prevented with  diligent flushing of the eyes during and after the administration of Taxotere. Keep us posted.

IRENE

• backachedp
    backachedp Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Dhud77 said:

TNBC

I so needed to read this today.  I'm doing neadjuvant AC + T (have had 3/8 far) and am feeling like I can't handle much more.  Scared of Taxol after reading posts.  I, too, am concerned about long term damaging effects of chemo, particularly neuropathy.  I want to live  much longer but also want to be able to enjoy those years.  I'm 62.

Taxol

I just finished 12 cycles pf Taxol I worked thru it and I did get the Nueropothy.  I am going to start the A/C this Thursday.  The Taxol was not bad I am still tired and have the numbness in hands and feet but really I had no major issues.  I am terrified of the A/C I amm also worried about the Neulasta shot.  Taxol 12 cycles was pretty easy thing for me.  I wpu;d go to Chemo and then go to work right afterwards.  I hope you have as easy of a time as I did.  Can you tell me more about the A/C I will be getting it every 2 weeks.  The things we read on the Internet are sscarry but I fed into it when I should have just come back here.  Take care and let me know how you are doing as you posted this llast month.  

• 2nu2tnbc
    edited August 2016 #34
    Options
    Taxol

I survived week 1!:)) I was able to work the entire first week back to work.  11 more to go & I hope I can feel this good the entire time. Pray that I get through this with few or NO she's!!!!

• twnkltoz
    Options
    2nu2tnbc said:

Taxol

I survived week 1!:)) I was able to work the entire first week back to work.  11 more to go & I hope I can feel this good the entire time. Pray that I get through this with few or NO she's!!!!

Awesome!

Awesome!