Options
2»

Comments

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    edited June 2016 #22
    Options
    Accupuncture

I tried accupuncture, but it didn't work for me.  The PA at my cancer center said it does work for some people, so I should try it.  Unfortunately, I picked an accupuncturist who was in his early 70's.  I wondered why I had pain when I walked out of the first session, and looked down and found that he'd left two needles in me.  The accupuncture office was very dark (I think he was trying to create a mood) so that may be why.  I think I went for 6 visits and then quit.  He told me that one of the places he needed to place the needle (between my big toe and the next toe) was the most painful spot to have a needle inserted, and I think he was right about that.  I had all the pain but none of the success.  I still have neuropathy today, at 5-3/4 years after chemo.  I'm starting to wonder if it's being caused by something else, like tarsal tunnel syndrome.  I was googling the symptoms of that tonight.  I've had bunion surgery since my cancer surgery, and I definitely have more numbness in my big toe after that surgery, but the other toes seem like they might be getting more numb instead of getting better. I may end up back at my podiatrist or my othopedic surgeon one of these days.