another question

2»

Comments

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    edited June 2016 #22
    janaes said:

Yea!  I think any ways.  I

Yea!  I think any ways.  I defenitly have a lot a emotions so excitment isnt really the word.  I guess Im just relieved today because I saw a Chemotheropy Onclogist and he had  acopy of my full pathology report and a copy of another pathology report that was done when I had my byopsy when they found the cancer.  It said the name of my cancer and he explained to me why i needed chemotheropy.  His explanation of why I need chemo made since to me.  It went along with what I was reading and thinking.  I liked what he said.  Now do I want to do chemo?  No  Ive spent the afternoon trying to process all these emotions I have.  Ive been crying, talking with family, and deciding what I want to do to go forward.  I am a single mom with two kids. 10 and 13 years old.  I recently became single just before all this cancer stuff came out so I am trying to find the support I will need.  Im going to find out wednesday i think when I will start.  Im scared.  Im scared because I did chemo 20 years ago and know what it is like.  Im using different drugs he said which Im hoping will be better on me.  

You can do it.  The drugs are

You can do it.  The drugs are different than 20 years ago.  I know that it will affect everyone differently but try and keep a postive attitude and take it one day at a time.  I went back to work and worked through mine so I know it can be done.  Good Luck. trish

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    janaes said:

I went and bought a wig today

I went and bought a wig today.  When my sister offered to go with me yesterday I got a little excited and thought doing that would be a step in the right direction to having a better attidude about this so I asked if she wanted to go today.  we aranged it and my dad and his wife came.  Although I felt sad that I had to get a wig and know one else that was there needed one nor wanted to buy one, I found the perfect wig.  The lady has to order it because the style I wanted wasnt in the color I wanted.  It will be here in a week.  I dont think anyone will notice I even have a wig because it looked much like my current style and color. 

Congratualtions of the wig.

Congratualtions of the wig.  It was just to hot here in Texas the year I went thorugh 100 degrees everyday the summer of 2011.  It should be here before you have your chemo or if after the first treatment before it might start coming out.  Good Luck. trish

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Congrats on getting a good

Congrats on getting a good wig! I also got one that looked a lot like my own hair. It has really helped my attitude. I even had false eyelashes put on before I went to a special party recently and it really made me feel good, like my self. There were some people that didn't even know I had cancer and didn't realize that I was wearing a wig.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    I was reallyl happy with my

I was reallyl happy with my wig, too.  I got lots of compliments on my new hairstyle from people who didn't know I was bald!