Lonsurf

Options
UncleBuddy
UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member

Hi Guys,

My brother started Lonsurf last month and will begin again on Tuesday. Have any of you been on it or are on it now? I'm just wondering how it is working.

My brother seems to be getting weaker. He says he gets winded when he walks short distances which the cardiologist says is his heart. He goes for an echo in July to see if it's affecting his heart. I guess we won't know for a few months whether this chemo is helping. His cancer was detected in 2011, so it's been nearly 5 years and he has been fighting it tooth and nail. His onc said, because of his weakened heart, there's nothing else out there for him to try. I'm hoping and praying that something new comes out that will start working for him. 

Dad is doing okay, he's in much better physical shape than my brother. Last month I took the 2 of them to Lancaster, Pa to the Amish Country because my brother loves to eat the food there. We went and stayed overnight. He was a little too tired to go sight seeing but he was able to eat the food he loves. 

Thinking of you,

Lin

Comments

• mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    Options
    My husband Robert is taking

My husband Robert is taking Lonsurf. He starts his second cycle on Friday. Don't know yet if it is working or not. Robert was dx 12/08 IV. He has done most every chemo except for vetibex and stivarga and this Lonsurf has really knocked him down. Nausea, vomiting, fatigue. Sleeps most of the day now.  Next week be goes in to get set up for SIRT procedure on his liver tumors. I hope between the Lonsurf and SIRT his tumors might just become stable.

It's been a long road for your brother, and for you too. Keep us posted.

Angela 

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Angela

My brother is sleeping a lot, too. He's very tired since he started. Last weekend he fell asleep and missed taking all his meds. Unfortunately, he can't have any procedures because of his weakened heart. The doctors are afraid that he'd die on the table. My brothand never took s,tivarga as well and he took erbitux, not vectibix. It's unfortunate because the prior meds, irinotecan, folfiri, etc... were working to stop the growth. They weren't curing him, but they were giving him more time with us. My brother's been dizzy, too. The cardiologist took him off some of his heart meds, and is keeping a close watch on him. It's scary!

Hopefully it works for both of them. I hope SIRT helps for your husband. This disease sucks!

Yes, it's been a long, rough road for us as I'm sure it is for you and your family as well.

Lin