Is radiation working 8/

Just_lori6
Just_lori6 Member Posts: 76

Hello Everyone~

I am worried radiation is not working. My Dr said they want to see a change in my skin as that is an indication that the radiation is working. I have gone 5 days a week for 4 weeks now and there is no change in my skin at all. 

Anyone else have this happen? I have only 10 sessions left. 

I have asked the dr and he says maybe I will be the first to not get any color which would be nice but I am worried maybe radiation is not working for me. (Dr said it would be unusual not to get any skin changes) 

Thanks ladies for any advice~

♡ Lori 

Comments

• irisheyes14
    irisheyes14 Member Posts: 42
    Hi Lori.. Try not to worry.

Hi Lori.. Try not to worry.  I'm not sure if you're having boosts also.  I had 15 radiation treatments and 5 boosts. My skin didn't change until I started the boosts.   Also remember radiation continues to have an effect for two weeks after treatment finishes.  Good luck and hopefully you'll sail through.

• bonbondidit
    bonbondidit Member Posts: 116
    Skin Changes

Hi Lori,

I did 48 rounds of radiation and the only place that started getting a bit pink  was under my arm. I did 6 boosts over my scars, coloar bone and sternum. Non of those changed colors either. I have seen others definetely change or darken. I use Emu oil and Alovera gel after treatment :)

• Just_lori6
    edited May 2016 #4

Hi Lori.. Try not to worry.

Hi Lori.. Try not to worry.  I'm not sure if you're having boosts also.  I had 15 radiation treatments and 5 boosts. My skin didn't change until I started the boosts.   Also remember radiation continues to have an effect for two weeks after treatment finishes.  Good luck and hopefully you'll sail through.

Thank you

Thank you irisheyes~ I havent heard anything about getting boosts so not sure if I will be getting them or not. I am scheduled for 31 sessions total and I've finished 20 so far. I do feel better hearing from you. I didn't realize chemo keeps working after your done. 

Thanks again , have a great night!~

• Just_lori6

Skin Changes

Hi Lori,

I did 48 rounds of radiation and the only place that started getting a bit pink  was under my arm. I did 6 boosts over my scars, coloar bone and sternum. Non of those changed colors either. I have seen others definetely change or darken. I use Emu oil and Alovera gel after treatment :)

8)

Thank you! I feel so much better! I am almost done and just now the only color I am getting is under my arm just like you 8) 

I'm great with not getting any color as long as it is normal. The dr made me worry because he said if I don't get color that's not good. 

Thank you so much!

♡ Lori

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    Me too

I had 25 rounds of radiation and 5 boosts.  I was pretty smug, thinking it was nothing after the chemo; I was feeling no fatigue, no effects at all.  Then at about the 20th round, I started itching and my skin was getting darker. The fatigue rolled in too.  Still, it was better than 6 full weeks of it.